Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:18:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Driving me bonkers!  (Read 1749 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ThomasO'Malley

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2011, 07:57:12 pm »

Hi,
Not been on the forum for a while,gave up playing because my old PC started complaining too much in Sims 3 and(because I upgraded from XP to 7)I can't reinstall Sims 2.
Anyway,broke said trusty PC trying to clean it out so until I fix it I had a new system built which plays the game quietly and beautifully.

But it's driving me round the bend!

1) Everytime I start the game I get "error expected '1'",a script has stopped running,but it plays no problem.

2) Things have changed since I last played,I now have update 1.24.3.
I had a small old backup for CC on an external drive and have managed to install some items in the new game,which when I bought it was before Windows 7 came out but as I said it works fine.
But I cannot for the life of me install the newer .package files into the game,Windows doesn't recognise the file and nothing I have on the new PC will do the job.
Searching all I can find are to me incomprehensible instructions that have me going round in circles!
But without any clear instructions.
I'm reasonably computer savvy but I can't figure this one out.
Why did someone try to reinvent the wheel and fix something that wasn't broke?

3) I saw something recently that was like insemenator but better,I thought I found it here,unfortunately the link is on my broken system which is kind of where the story began as I wanted to clean the processor heat sink before I installed it to play the game again.......
I remember it said it was based on insimenator but wouldn't work with the awsomemod thingy?

I'm running base game only BTW.

Grateful for any help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: