Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 05:02:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Abu Simbel extra area help needed  (Read 4908 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dracoamie

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2011, 05:01:51 am »

I've been exploring the Abu Simbel in Egypt for a while now and have solved most of it (either by cheeting slightly or reading tutorials) but the thing I'm puzzled by is if you take one of the eyes through the ring created by the four candles at the base of the stairs than an extra room around the outside lights up and when you do something else (I forget what I did to get it now) the rest of the room lights up and there's a about three or four holes in the wall (all seem to be empty) that disappear if you go into the blue and red mummy rooms and a number of curious markings on the floor that suggest to me a wall trigger appears at some point and perhaps two staircases but I can't figure out how to activate them.

Has anyone else seen or dealt with this or know what to do?

I came, I saw, I thought hmm...
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 05:34:20 am »

I had troubles with that too, but I found a walk-through on the net. If you remember or find the name of the task, it should be easy to find. My memory don't reach that far back, unfortunately...  

There was something to do with teleporting from one room to the next, using the eyes and some handles on the walls, but that's all I remember.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Dracoamie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:25:50 pm »

I've finished the tomb as such but I discovered an extra room that I'm puzzled by and just wondered if anyone else had found it or knew what it was for... it's a room that stretches to the very edge of the black area around the outside of the 'completed' rooms and the markings on the floor once it's lit up would suggest that further exploration is available but I haven't figured out what to do with it yet.

I wondered if any of the computer hacker type people who know how to read the code of the game knew if there was more to be explored or if I just stumbled across a mistake.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 12:45:14 am »

There are sometimes extra rooms, where you can find gems or coins or things like that. The game will usually tell you if there are no more rooms to be found or no new things to explore.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Dracoamie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 07:35:17 am »

Ok; so I started a new game to try and recreate the situation and I found that the extra room appears around the edge when the sim catches on fire from the blue/red pathways and runs back through either the circle (which was lit up) or up the stairs (not sure which as I had to catch my sim on fire twice before it worked (with backup procection of course)) then my sim got caught later in the same blue/red section and tried to run up the stairs but kept falling through so perhaps it is some kind of strange glitch.

I'm still intreagued as to why there is an extra room with two torches that light up and holes in the wall that do nothing though. They seem to systematically disappear as I enter each room and one of the torches extingishes when the eye passes through the lit circle.

I guess it was just a triger hidden out of sight thing from EA that I wasn't supposed to have known about...

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 08:40:06 am »

It's been a while since I got through it, but you're supposed to use the eyes (for teleporting or some such), the handles and the holes in the wall to get through the task. Here's a walk-through if you need it.

My site:

Dracoamie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 06:00:20 pm »

Thanks for your help but that is not what I'm talking about.

I figured out how to enter build-mode inside of it and it turns out it was just an extra room that was used to hide triggers... oh well.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:48:40 am by Dracoamie » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: