Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:26:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Debug errors/Possible corrupt files  (Read 7412 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2011, 03:57:42 pm »

Hello, all. Back with one of my many sims problems!  Cheesy
Lately my game has been acting odd:
It is quite possibly corrupt CC, and I am testing my game vanilla right now. But when ever I mouse-over certain maxis objects (FT bug container, FT activity table drawings, BV zen garden, AL shelves, and all fountains) the sim resets. And when I do this in debug mode, it comes up with an error that says "Error: Attribute number out of range."
And another error is, whenever I am in an apartment lot and enter debug mode, an error pops up that says "Controller - Apartment Nanny, Error: Hit Break Point Primitive."
I attached two of the error logs(one of each scenario) and I will go test my game.

Help is appreciated~

-Dullahan

Edit
Sorry, I updated the files!

* ObjectError_N001_t3.txt (92.82 KB - downloaded 243 times.)
* ObjectError_N001_t160.txt (89.61 KB - downloaded 234 times.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:30:52 pm by Dullahan » Logged

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 06:59:14 pm »

For whatever reason, I can't read either of those object error files.  However, the Error: Attribute number out of range. is commonly found when you have a mod that hasn't been updated for your latest EP.  Not being able to read the error file, I can't help you narrow down what mod it might be.

Next time you have the Controller - Apartment Nanny error, hit Delete to destroy the controller.  You may need to send the nanny away or delete her.  Reschedule the nanny if you need to.  I believe this will solve that error.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:31:35 pm »

Crap, I accidentally formatted the text documents wrong, and it made them look weird. They should be fixed now.

And, thankyou, should I try the half and half method?

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:35:51 pm »

If the error just started happening, then it would be in one of your more recent downloads.  Do you have a replacement or recolor of the Zen Garden?  If not it could be custom object based on it.  Look in that area first, and if you don't find the culprit, you'll have to run a binary search.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 09:04:16 pm »

Okay, I will do that.
Also, not that I know of. I don't have many replacements of Maxis objects.
I will start looking.

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 03:07:13 am »

Forget it. If you have the condition that you don't even click on an object, but just pass the mouse over it and your sims reset, the problem is much worse and it is sure NOT in the objects you are clicking. If it happens when you play Vanilla, then something is quite messed up in your game installation. What do you mean by play Vanilla? Did you remove everything and is playing a brand new hood? Or you just removed possible hacks and is playing the same old hoods? I don't know how to link you specifically, but I followed a link from someone at MTS2 that reported that when you remove hacks and objects from your downloads folder, the game self produces a bhav that shouldn't be there and it is almost like if you had hacks, when you in fact, have none. I'm not in my place right now and have to go to my computers to check for the name of the crap that has to be eliminated. I'll be back as soon as possible, if I find it.
PS: the name of the mod is "LBF-RemoveMaxisSocialTest", but you have to run a search self, because I normally change the names of the files if they are connected this way "LBF_Remove_Maxis_Social_Test" or alike. It causes me trouble, so I change them as rule. I never investigated what the mod does actually, you just put it in the downloads folder, preferably on your folder that loads last. It doesn't hurt.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:41:04 am by XPTL297 » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 09:29:59 am »

I've had mods that reset the sims like that. Usually it's a global mod that isn't updated for your game set (FT version when you have AL, or something like that), or it conflicts with another mod or object. 

Testing your game vanilla - the best way:
* Take out every single item in your Downloads and SavedSims folders (move, not delete - redownloading takes ages)
* Go ingame, make a new neighborhood (later you can delete it, or continue using it for vanilla testing).
* Make a test family (preferably all ages, to be sure) and a test lot (doesn't have to be a house).
* Do the things that normally cause errors.

- if the errors don't happen now, it's corrupt CC.
- If it probably is corrupt CC, then try the 50/50 method.

If the errors still happen, and you decide your game needs a reinstall, it's most likely not your game core files that are corrupted, but the game files that are in use.

To "reinstall" the easy way, do the following:
* Make a backup copy of your entire "The Sims 2" folder in "my documents" - the one where you can find the Downloads folder - and make sure you save it somewhere away from the original.
* Delete all contents inside the old "The Sims 2" folder.
* Run the game.
* The files will remake themselves and reset to installation settings.

Saves lots of trouble with reinstalling, and no need for the game disks.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:37:43 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 10:15:24 am »

XPTL, by 'vanilla' I mean with no CC in the game. And the problems do not occur when the game is vanilla, so Raven and Ancienthighway are right, I believe.
I removed all of the mods from my game (I think so anyways) and they don't seem to be causing a problem. I will use the download organizer to make sure, and then try again. If not, then I guess it is some recolor or replacement or something.

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 02:24:43 am »

Then follow the procedures suggested by Theraven, but always when playing vanilla, create a new hood first. It also avoids that when you solve the problem, you will have another left. When you take away all your mods or hacks, the game will sure produce a lot of things that you probably didn't want (like hundreds of butt ugly townies or npcs).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: