Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:41:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help finding Navetsea.  (Read 7031 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hestor

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2011, 03:40:42 pm »

Hello there, people, how are you doing?
I don't really know if this is the correct place to start this topic, so if it's in the wrong place, I ask to some moderator to move it where it should be.
So, the point is that I need to contact Navetsea because I want to upload my (almost) self sim and she uses one of the F-IN evo 5 skintones linked to the 34DD-40 hips nude meshes to make it showerproof for that bodyshape. I tried to contact him through private messages on Mod The sims, Insimadult and here, but his inbox is always full. Is there any other website where he could be?
Thanks in advance for your help. Have a nice day Cheesy.

Pardon my English, it's not my mother language and sometimes I make mistakes.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 07:34:03 pm »

Try searching on MTS
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:01:59 pm by Theraven » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Hestor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 02:42:26 am »

Thanks for the advice. I double-checked Mod the Sims and tried to send him an e-mail, but he has disabled that function so I couldnt contact him that way. I also checked his policy:
My custom content should be used as it is, not to be further edited in anyway for a reupload.

My skin can be used/packed with sims anywhere on free sites

beyond that normal use, PM me first.
The fact that I need to know is if making one of his default skintones showerproof for a Wralokk's bodyshape is editing it or not, because, apart from linking the skin to the nude meshes, I didn'd changed anything.
Thanks again for your help. Have a nice day.

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 03:59:27 am »

Skins are not meshes and there's no way to upload a sim and state that you should go to a site to load a skin.
The police says "My skin can be used/packed with sims anywhere in free sites". You are NOT editing her skin, you are Linking to another mesh. EA self made a packing tool that includes EVERYTHING, also meshes. I suppose they are telling you that it Should be allowed. If he is not answering any PM and disabled any kind of contact, I think the question here is to know if he is still interested on his own creations. I suppose active users have right to know if a creator is giving up participation.
Hestor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 04:58:43 am »

Skins are not meshes and there's no way to upload a sim and state that you should go to a site to load a skin.
The police says "My skin can be used/packed with sims anywhere in free sites". You are NOT editing her skin, you are Linking to another mesh. EA self made a packing tool that includes EVERYTHING, also meshes. I suppose they are telling you that it Should be allowed.
YAY That's exactly what I wanted to know, if linking sowerproof meshes was considered as editing the skin. I suppose I can upload my sim without any problems now. Thank you very much for your help Cheesy. Have a nice day.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 09:11:37 am »

The input is appreciated, XPTL, but what "should be" and what "are" are two different things. Wink

EA's packaging tool does include meshes, but that doesn't mean they're saying it's OK to include absolutely everything without asking. They have said differently on the Sims 2 site, when it was up.

Be that as it may, OUR site rules state you must respect the TOU of the creator. If in doubt or you really can't get in touch with the creator to clarify, then the best thing to do would be to package the sim with something else and link back the item you used. In this case, I wouldn't worry too much. There are other sites that have uploaded showerproof versions of Navatsea skins. Smiley

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 03:38:23 pm »

You can also use CleanInstaller to remove the skintone and/or meshes from the package file, which will shrink it hugely, btw, and specify in bold print in your post that they need to download the skintone and give the link.

Doesn't help much in your specific case, since you've linked it to another mesh, so it's not available as a separate download.

Stupid question, did  you check jwilson5's area to see if she already has the skintone linked to that mesh?

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Hestor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 03:13:47 am »

Stupid question, did  you check jwilson5's area to see if she already has the skintone linked to that mesh?
I just have searched his section on Insimadult and Mod the sims, but he doesn't have any Navetsea skintones nor showerproof skins for the 34DD-40 (at least I didn't saw anyone), but thanks anyway for your help. Besides, the original bodyshape project made by Warlokk (the bodyshapes with no specific name) didn't cover the elder stage. Since I changed that on my sim's skin and linked the adult nude meshes to the elder stage (so the skintone will be showerproof for my elders too) I doubt that I will find any other showerproof skintone with that particular caracteristic on it.
Caffeinated.joy, thanks for the info. Your comment remembered me the downloads on Warlokk's section on Insimadult, for the Hi-res bodyshape project: each bodyshape had showerproof skintones of Navetsea's F-IN evo 3, so I think that my showerproof skintone will be ok.
Thanks again to everybody. Cheesy Have a really nice day all of you Cheesy.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:34:49 am by Hestor » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 10:50:25 am »

You're welcome, Hestor. Smiley

I'll consider this problem solved and lock this thread.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: