Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:02:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something stupid related to uvmapping  (Read 3008 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
XPTL297

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2011, 06:49:18 am »

I have a really stupid question. I checked everything I found about uvmapping but I'm stuck on the fact that it is stated that to maximize the map I have to click on the symbol "=" in the numerical pad. Help! Where the hell is the symbol "=" in the numeric pad? I don't have any! I use a swedish keyboard and the symbol "=" is located on the top of the number 0 (zero, null) and it doesn't work. Literally I pressed ALL the keyboard buttons and none works.  Does anyone know the answer? Thanks.  Embarrassed
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 02:40:35 pm »

I'm using a standard US keyboard, also with no = sign on the numeric keypad.  But the Enter Key on the keypad functions as an = sign using the calculator, so that may be your key.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 01:47:17 am »

I don't see anything shocking. My first though was also on the Enter key but it just accepted the map and didn't maximize it. So, I suppose that I should use it with something else. I'm not an office worker, I don't even care for functions. Thanks.
PS:
Checked again and I was right, It Doesn't work. At least for me, the information must be unuseful. I just know that I can use "/" to quarter and then I can use "*" to double. The "=" is just empty info. I thought that I had something to maximize it because many times the map is not accurate. So I don't consider my question totally stupid. I was looking for something that is not there. If I have any map that is not an exact fraction, I have to find another example that IS an exact fraction, the hell is to find out which. Most of the time when you start the uvmap, it says "this is not 100% blablabla, should it be corrected?" If you say "yes", the new correction doesn't match the texture and you have to stretch it to fit. If you say "no", you get a blank map.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:14:50 am by XPTL297 » Logged
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 12:48:37 am »

Really stupid thought: Is there a menu item that also has that functionality?  Accelerator keys usually have a corresponding menu item.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: