Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 11:11:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Content not displaying in Nightlife  (Read 19650 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Star Ranger4

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 03:10:14 pm »

sounds like you have a bad package Beccy.

Your going to have to take it all out and move it back in in small groups to find the bad one.
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2006, 04:21:08 pm »

Quote from: beccy2481
I'm having a simular prob. except it's only careers and game mods esp. for nightlife that aren't working, I enable custom content and then when I go into a lot it starts loading but never opens, I tried being patient and sat infront of a loading lot for 45 minutes before I finally just turned my whole computer off! My Downloads folder is correct, I've tried what feels like a thousand things and I'm going insane, I need help!
]

I bet if you trash all your custom careers you will find that fixes your problem. I wont have any of them in my game any more. just not worth the time.

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
simlover4454

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2006, 04:11:20 pm »

I got nightlife i didnt want to clean all of my downloads, so i just moved them to a different folder. I installed nightlife, then i copyed my downloads to my download folder. All of my objects dont appear on my game, by my hair clothes,etc. do. Help!

Sims 2 is the best in the world!!!!:animal:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2006, 04:36:49 pm »

you may need to delete the Groups.cache and also disable and re-enable custom content

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
SakuraSan101

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2006, 11:07:57 pm »

My problem is different. Custom Clothes/Makeups/Hairstyles/etc. load fine, but it's the hacked objects and stuff that don't appear. I suppose I should try that method, see if it works.
fjoeri
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 07:14:36 pm »

how do i instal custom stuff Huh?. i placed the packages in the Downloads folder path:( D:\Program Files\EA GAMES\De Sims 2 Gaan het Maken\Downloads ). i have university ,nightlife and open for business installed. i have read that you need to enable custom content but where do i find this screen to do so like its shown here
Verly

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2006, 03:08:33 pm »

you don't put your downloads in the Program Files.  

They go My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2006, 01:17:13 pm »

monkey - it is a dicey call - some yes some no - so there is no 100% answer.

Have you installed CEP (Colour Enable Package) yet?  It is an essential addition for most custom objects.

If you have downloaded clothing and they are not showing up, you may be missing meshes,  the same is true of object recolours but more so since they will not even show up at all.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Codi Jo

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2006, 09:43:27 am »

my body shop crashed for some reason , kept gittin an exception notice and , so i uninstalled all the way, reinstalled original, uni and nl , all objects appear but none skins, makeup body types or clothes , dang it ive lost my athletic girl and i want her back , HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

EDIT: ok i got em back , tried 3 things i saw here dont know for sure which 1 did it but the important thing is it worked made a copy file , then noticed i had a lower case d on downloads , so changed that to cap d , then un allowed custom content and simultaneous re allowed now all my stuff is back , oops take that back i have downloaded the a/g skin tight shirts , jeans, jackets meshes and some recolors of each and they only show as maxis stuff, any ideas ? ive redownloded the meshes  and still notta:sign5:

EDIT: ok ppl heres what i just discovered is happening in my folder , when i use the rar to unpack em its puttin em in a semi folder like after u do a zip file the kind u delete after u copy and paste from the extracted zip , if u dont check those b4 u delete em thats where the stuff is goin, "down the tubes" i explored one after un rar ing the a/g jeans mesh for the 4th time and they were in there, hope this helps
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 10:34:03 am by jase439 » Logged

SILLY BOYS Harleys , PICKUPS, AND SEMIS ARE FOR GIRLS TOO  :sign5:
Emma_x

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2006, 03:12:12 pm »

Hmm. Just installed pets & my bodyshop cc is showing fine...but no objects.
Any suggestions?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2006, 03:22:36 pm »

You could try deleting "My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/groups.cache".
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2007, 05:09:57 pm »

try disabling then re-enabling custom content - also do as ancienthighway recommends and delete groups.cache from The Sims 2 folder in you My Documents or Home folder.

Kittycataussie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2007, 02:59:03 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;457608
You could try deleting "My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/groups.cache".

sorry if theis was answered, but what does this do? How does deleting it help? I have UV, NL, OFB, and GLS and the game stops loading and quits during the sequence that has all the funny phrases going across the bottom when I have CC clothes and objects in my DL's folder in sub-folders. and the few objects I have out and floating don't show up. including the insimenator obj. I tried only putting a few objects in at a time, but it doesn't help. I turned to enable CC on and it still wont work. please help a dummy that has real trouble getting stuff to work. thanks in advance, Kittycataussie

How I feel like a cat in a burlap sac some times. Don't forget to be cheerfully Eeyore blue!:study:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2007, 04:41:33 pm »

The Groups.cache file is an index file of all you CC.  It's also easily corrupted when adding and deleting CC.  If the game doesn't find it, it will recreate the file based on the current makeup of CC.

If the file is corrupted, the load process is stalled.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2007, 08:41:48 am »

I followed each and every advice in this thread, but to no avail. Custom Content, mainly clothing and Sims doesn't show up. It's displayed with a standard red shirt, white pants icon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: