Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 12:01:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Content not displaying in Nightlife  (Read 19398 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2005, 11:05:15 am »

I have seen other people with this issue but no solution and with MTS2 being down right now I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask here. My custom objects/recolors appear perfectly fine. However my custom skins/hair/makeup does not appear. Only a few pieces that were left in bodyshop. The custom clothing/makeup appears on said sims that were created before NightLife was installed though. When I installed the game I first moved my downloads folder to my desktop and then loaded the game and enabled the content and then exited and replaced the folder. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not but I really don't want to reinstall all 3 games to find out. So any ideas/solutions would be welcomed.
Teresa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 11:39:05 am »

I removed my folder and created a new folder in it's place and have been slowly introducing hacks back into the game so that is not the problem .. i have read that people have been having problems with custom content being in subfolders so if you have them in subfolders remove them and just place them in your download folder only.. other than this i dont know Kathy?

I came upon a concrete ball which triangles in the wind!

Check out this wonderfull site... link below

http://www.insimenator.net/

Make a Difference and Give a child a Hug!
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 08:20:00 pm »

Well I figured this one out myself so if anyone has this problem....Remove your downloads folder and create a new one either by right clicking and select new folder and name it Downloads or by loading bodyshop or downloading a sims2pack installer file. Copy all of your downloads to the new downloads folder and restart your game or bodyshop and all should appear correctly.
Sim2Kid405

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 09:19:24 pm »

funny thing, I uninstall the sims2 and reinstalled it from scratched did the patch for the first sims2 and when i installed nightlife it installed at the end faster then it did the first time, the reason i did this is cause i defraged my machine and it was starting up very slow, now it starts up pretty fast with most of all my clothing back and recolor's and a little bit of hacks that includes the insimenator uv dest version, and with the larger veiw my game runs smoothly.

Who\'s your daddy Sims
calmprices
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 12:57:40 pm »

I had this tip from TSR and after trying everything else, i thought ?why not? It worked,

if your downloads folder is "downloads" and not "Downloads" you need to capitalize it.

I only wish I had known before I had to RE Download everything I had - or rather am still doing, lol

But when it took my game nearly fifteen minutes to load instead of three, I knew I had them. Smiley

PS  my problem was not objects, it was clothes, makeup, and hair especially.

Give it a shot, it worked for me!           (*sigh, now back to unzipping the last 147,872,659 downloads I had to get again, lol)
quilker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 08:37:49 pm »

Quote from: Evolving
I had this problem too, but then I downloaded the extra car Sims offered for pre-ordering.  After I downloaded the one item it seemed to open up some download portal or something.  Now all my custom content which I have enabled shows up.

Is that the menu that pops up at the start of the game asking you to enable or disable custom content?

If it is, that's the nightlife only enable/disable custom content menu.

I used to get it. You can disable it in the options (I think gameplay menu) panel.
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 06:03:51 pm »

Quote from: calmprices
I had this tip from TSR and after trying everything else, i thought ?why not? It worked,

if your downloads folder is "downloads" and not "Downloads" you need to capitalize it.

I only wish I had known before I had to RE Download everything I had - or rather am still doing, lol

But when it took my game nearly fifteen minutes to load instead of three, I knew I had them. Smiley

PS  my problem was not objects, it was clothes, makeup, and hair especially.

Give it a shot, it worked for me!           (*sigh, now back to unzipping the last 147,872,659 downloads I had to get again, lol)

I must thank you for the tip, I nearly ripped my hair out by the roots yesterday when all my precious Sims skins were not displaying once I installed Nightlife which I got yesterday. It fixed the whole thing up. Now if only the load times could be dealt with, this is such a powerful computer, and yet my lesser one loads faster.

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
hotrod50s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 02:26:37 am »

hmm that is about the only thing i haven't tried custom objects show up no problem custom skins and makeup however never show up with exception of only a few skins no custom makeup shows up at all so i'll give this a go and see if that works lol who would think one letter could make the difference.ok i just check and sure enough it was downloads and not Downloads.

no i'm off to test it out and see if that helped thanks for the tip.

ok that fixed it my custom skins once again show up yaayyyy now they don't have to all dress alike lol. ok so all of them still don't appear but i am looking to see which files are still missing then they should all be back in there.it isn't anything other then forgot which files i left out lol.

i'm an insim addict
welcome back kathy and eric we missed you
gorga14

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 02:14:58 pm »

nothing of mine shows up.. i made a Downloads folder and everything. let me ask you.. ihave both expansion packs.. do i put the downloads folder in the sims2 folder or in the nightlife folder?? please help
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 02:58:07 pm »

In the mydocuments/ea games/sims 2 is where it should go.
Teresa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 02:58:32 pm »

You should be putting them in this folder,

C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

And when in the game make sure you enable custom content.

gorga14

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 03:27:46 pm »

thanks i was putting them in the program files\ea games\downloads.. DERF lol thanks a lot it works now
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 01:55:19 pm »

OK now how about skins? and makeup? I know they go into savedsims however. I was told that with Nightlife (and ONLY NL!) you can now make subfolders for yous skins. I have tride this and it does not work. Has any one eles had this same issue?

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
Teresa

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2005, 06:57:30 pm »

I have not been able to get subfolders to work for skins' ect,
so if you finaly do learn how? please let us know.

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2006, 02:59:29 pm »

Make sure your downloads folder is named Downloads or skins and what not won't appear.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: