Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 08:17:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Content not displaying in Nightlife  (Read 19620 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
RedNek

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 12:43:23 am »

none of my custom content is showing up and i've tried everything i know to try. i've been through other threads trying to figure out why it's not showing up but haven't found anything that will work.  it was all showing up but i had to do a system restore and i got everything reinstalled that i had before (at least i think i did cause i had so much lol) and now nothing shows up.  if any one can think of something   please help.

EDIT:  well  i went into the game and turned the custom content off and back on and now everything is working fine.  not sure what was up with it but i'm glad it's back working again.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:16:40 am by RedNek » Logged
Scarletaries

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 11:59:07 am »

I have found that some of the skins and some of the custom clothing I've put into the downloads folder, has either not shown up or comes up looking like one of the normal boring pieces that comes with the game.  Sometimes when you click on it, it makes the sim change into the custom clothes, but most of the time it just continues to come up looking like the normal sim clothing.  There's been something like 10-15 repeated blue sweaters when I go to dress my adult male sims.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2006, 02:49:09 pm »

hhrrmm That sounds like a missing mesh honestly.
Melissa

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2006, 02:06:23 pm »

I did that too, downloaded everything again when I could have just fixed it with the folder options. It happened to me when I got Nightlife too, and nothing in the CAS seemed to work cept the stuff Maxis made, LOL then I just redownloaded everything. I now know what to do just in case it happens when I get OFB and I thank you all for sharing your ideas here Smiley

Melissa
Leangel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 12:05:53 pm »

The only thing working on my custom content is the inteeninator or whatever it's called, but nothing else shows up. It's in the download folder and the folder is called Downloads with a capital, but it doesn't come up. I don't know what else to do.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 01:01:50 pm »

Quote from: Leangel
The only thing working on my custom content is the inteeninator

Whoa.  Did I just wake up on another planet?

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
gosims

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 07:05:31 am »

Quote from: calmprices
I had this tip from TSR and after trying everything else, i thought ?why not? It worked,

if your downloads folder is "downloads" and not "Downloads" you need to capitalize it.

I only wish I had known before I had to RE Download everything I had - or rather am still doing, lol

But when it took my game nearly fifteen minutes to load instead of three, I knew I had them. Smiley

PS  my problem was not objects, it was clothes, makeup, and hair especially.

Give it a shot, it worked for me!           (*sigh, now back to unzipping the last 147,872,659 downloads I had to get again, lol)

:group hu: hi it worked yes thanks for the tip. thank you again donna :lol:
cjdrey03

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 10:24:24 pm »

Help pls...new hee actually..my problem is...when I downloaded a particular mesh...each time i put in my Download folder..it keeps overwrting..I dunno..does it mean I already had installed the file? or it is supposed to overwrite on somthing in there...help plss....one more thing...wanna ask too about that belferrro`s cas! ...dunno it doesnt show up i follwed the instruction..and it doesnt appear...when its renamed is it this way----->cas!.package?..help plss.....
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 10:17:53 am »

cjdrey03 if it is overwriting then it is a default mesh and is probably set that way by design. If you don't want it overwriting then remove it and or contact the creator of it and see if they made one which does not overwrite the Maxis content. As far as the CAS is concerned I would suggest posting your question in his thread.
hanon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2006, 03:23:31 pm »

Hey, I bought Nightlife and haven't installed yet.
I downloaded some of the mermaid tails and extracted them to my sims2 downloads file.
Before I install Nightlife how do I get the tails there?
I don't want to mess anything up and I've never downloaded things into the sims2, so can someone please help like step by step??

Please.

I also haven't been able to see the clothes because my Sims2 was too scratched up and when it was starting it keeps freezing so thats why I bought Nightlife...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 03:37:14 pm by hanon » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2006, 05:56:45 pm »

Quote from: hanon
Hey, I bought Nightlife and haven't installed yet.
I downloaded some of the mermaid tails and extracted them to my sims2 downloads file.
Before I install Nightlife how do I get the tails there?
I don't want to mess anything up and I've never downloaded things into the sims2, so can someone please help like step by step??

Please.

I also haven't been able to see the clothes because my Sims2 was too scratched up and when it was starting it keeps freezing so thats why I bought Nightlife...

Hanon, it sounds like you did it rightly.

but here is a re-cap.

1. Un-ZIP or Un-RAR the files with WinZIP, WinRAR, 7-zip, or a equivalent programme
2. Copy the extracted files to your Downloads folder
--  usually C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads or
--  CC:\Documents and Settings\*your windows user name*\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

Then when you start Nightlife remember to the enable custom content.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
hanon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2006, 11:32:35 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy
Hanon, it sounds like you did it rightly.

but here is a re-cap.

1. Un-ZIP or Un-RAR the files with WinZIP, WinRAR, 7-zip, or a equivalent programme
2. Copy the extracted files to your Downloads folder
--  usually C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads or
--  CC:\Documents and Settings\*your windows user name*\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

Then when you start Nightlife remember to the enable custom content.

You're so kind even to someone annoying like me and I really appreciate it, thank you.

It seems though I bought Nightlife and Sims2 *again* in vain, it pauses after the "ea games..challenge everything" even though I reinstalled the new games. I don't know why. The "Movies" game and all my other games work fine, I have Windows XP only 1 and a half year old computer. I really wanna play though so I'll figure something out, somehow.
jazzy1970

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 01:02:53 am »

i reinstalled the sims2 along with 3 expansion packs I unistalled everything then reinstalled it again the nightlife expansion wont let me buy cars, build driveways none of my items in buy mode are available . No clothes missing picture booth, restaurants don't have any tables and chairs it says the Sims 2is missing files can u help me get them back PLEASE ?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 09:26:02 pm by jase439 » Logged
jazzy1970

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 12:56:50 am »

Help Ireinstalled all sims2 and expansions 3 times did sys restore when i play nightlife none of the buy items in downtown are showing up my clubs have no chairs or tables no photo booths the clothes are gone I cant make driveways or purchase cars. Anything in nightlife is not available in the buy mode please help. I want to play the game from a baby to a married adult I would like my sims to have their own cars.
beccy2481

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 03:38:25 am »

I'm having a simular prob. except it's only careers and game mods esp. for nightlife that aren't working, I enable custom content and then when I go into a lot it starts loading but never opens, I tried being patient and sat infront of a loading lot for 45 minutes before I finally just turned my whole computer off! My Downloads folder is correct, I've tried what feels like a thousand things and I'm going insane, I need help!

*I dream to wake up in a comic book*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: