Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 10:18:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't download furnished houses?! Help!  (Read 3007 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jogirlie

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2011, 02:40:39 pm »

When i try to download a fully furnished house, it doesn't come out right. The house itself downloads fine, but when I start up the game, none of the custom content shows up right! Where all the objects should be, there's these weird Maxis replacements (ex. a painting was replaced by a standard, un-custom painting that the game gives). I dunno if I'm downloading them wrong or need to download something to make it work, like CEP package, which I always hear about.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers. I've been trying for days and I'm now pretty fustrated. angry
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 03:13:07 pm »

More than likely you will need the meshes to all of the furniture.
Where did you get the house from? They usually tell you where to get all of the CC.

coffeeTime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 04:43:16 pm »

How are you trying to install it? I install the lot itself with Clean Installer into the default folder. Then for all the cc that I want, I make another folder inside my download folder and send the cc there.
jogirlie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 04:03:36 pm »

I got the houses from Sims2Cave and they didn't give me any list of furniture.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 07:09:07 pm »

And there's your problem right there. Depending on which section of SimsCave you downloaded from there may be no CC included with the house. A lot of the houses in the sharing section have been emptied of CC by the creator on the site they were snagged from. If you are downloading the amazing houses made by Asian creators that were shared on their blogs you just need to accept that they take everything out of the Sims2Pack and you need to furnish and decorate the house yourself because all you get is the shell. On the other hand if the house was made by someone on SimsCave you should be able to ask them what CC they used.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: