Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:27:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help making a skintone showerproof  (Read 5772 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Campingstove

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2011, 10:48:22 pm »

I downloaded a sim from another site with a slim bb body shape.  He has a really pretty tattooed skintone, but it is not showerproof.  I've had him in my game for about a month now, but the floating head thing is making me crazy. 

I can't get any response from the creator...so I tried using Marvine's tutorial to make it showerproof and just can't seem to follow it.  I am rather incompetent with Simpe, and something always goes wrong about halfway through the tutorial and I can't find any of the right files.

I am hoping there might be a newer tutorial somewhere, or something that might help explain the steps so I can figure out where I go wrong. 

Or is it possible for someone to make it showerproof for me?  It is only for my personal use, but obviously I don't have permission from the creator, as I can't get a response from them...so I am probably out of luck on that front.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 11:15:31 pm »

If someone wants to do it and pm the link to you when it's done, that's perfectly fine. Smiley Just link to where it can be found.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
aerykbacon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 09:35:56 am »

You could try:

Downloading a skintone that is showeproof for the slim bb.

Open bodyshop.

Extract the textures for the skin you want to use.

Extract the textures for the skin that is showerproof.

Overwrite the textures for the skin that is showerproof, with the skin textures that you want to use.

Import back in bodyshop, and viola!

That's all you have to do if the meshes are already linked to a skintone.

Smiley
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 09:41:18 am »

^
Just be aware that if you do this, you can't use that other skintone together with the one you overwrote it with.

Some possibly helpful pointers from Bloom, here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,106736.0.html

Also, if you say which resources or buttons you're having troubles finding, then that would be helpful. I'm no expert in SimPE, but I mostly know my way around when it comes to bodymeshing/linking and such.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:48:45 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
aerykbacon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 11:23:58 am »

No! It doesn't overwrite! It creates a new skintone, if you do it through bodyshop!

It's the same as recoloring an outfit!  YAY

When you export say a skirt, it creates a new package linked to the same mesh of the skirt, and exports the current textures of the skirt as bmps in your "my projects" folder. You can edit or do anything with them. Then you go into bodyshop, and press "import to game" the textures will be imported to the package. It will be a new recolor, and it wont overwrite the maxis orginal, because it creates a new guid for you.

It will work the same way with the skin. Get a skin, that's base meshes are the bb nudes. Export it in bodyshop. Then when it's done, close that project for a moment. Start a New Project. Now export the skin with the tatoo. Now you should have two folders within your "My Projects" folder. Go into the folder with the skin of the tatoo, and select all the bmps in there. Then paste them into the folder, of the other one.  Let them overwrite. Now go back into bodyshop, and close the current project. Now "load saved project" and load the first one. The one that you exported that was originally linked to the Bodybuilder skin. Next, select "import to game". Bodyshop will then import the textures of the tatoo, instead of the originals, into the new recolor of the skin.

Smiley

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 11:49:25 am »

I thought you meant opening the skin in SimPE and editing it there. Sorry for the misunderstanding...
But yeah, I expect it will be so if cloning through Bodyshop.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Campingstove

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 01:19:14 pm »

Wow - great help everyone, thank you!

That link with the discussion of the tutorial problem is EXACTLY where I ran into trouble, too.  So that might be a fix for me.
Also, the body shop idea sounds easy.  I have never done anything like it...so I might stumble around, but at least it doesn't sound like I will mess up anything even if I do it wrong.  So I am going to try that first.

Thank you, thank you, one and all!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 02:08:37 pm »

If you go for the bodyshop way - First import the tattoo skin and exit the project without importing to game, then import the showerproof skin and paste the textures from the tatoo skin onto it. Much quicker.

My site:

Campingstove

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 04:09:24 pm »

Genius!
It is done, and was by far the easiest thing I've done in either bodyshop or simpe!!
Thank you so much for the great help!

(I had to open simpe to change the DNA of my existing sim - but I've done that before, so it was simple)
aerykbacon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 11:56:15 am »

Cheesy Glad to help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: