Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:11:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Character Files  (Read 4408 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
swampgirl

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2011, 03:37:29 pm »

Just back in Sims 2 from yrs of being gone, I downloaded a couple of houses that I thought were crashing my game. Thought maybe they were Sims 3 houses, so I removed them; I thought, (they are still accessable in game). I saw a lot of Character package files and did not remember seeing them before, so I safetly put them on my desk top in a folder.

I haven't used those houses so don't know what they are, or whether my game will still crash if I attempt to use them. What I am asking is; are the Character Package files for Sims 2 and where do they go?

If they are related to the problem I am having with my Sims person is wanting to buy a vacation house when he goes to computer to purchase all I have is a neighborhood templet, no lots no houses, nothing! I have been searching for days for answers trying every combination of words I can think of to describe missing vacation locations, Character Package files. Please help.

I have all games and EPs and computer stupid
coffeeTime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 09:40:47 pm »

What kind of file is it? Can you open it with Clean Installer and see what it contains? Sim 2 houses can contain sims, but if they do you should not install them as that can bork your game. If it's a house you will be able to select lot only in Clean Installer and that should be installed were and how CI says to. That is in CI it will be a Sims2TMP and it will go to the Teleport folder. The game reads it and converts it to a lot you will find in your lot bin. If you are really unsure as to what it is or even if it's a Sims 3 file, I would just get rid of it.
swampgirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 07:37:10 am »

the file reads: cx_Character_cxooooooxx_xxxxxx.package if that is what you are asking for whay kind of file is it? I am not using an external Installer just the one that came with the game. Until I can get someone to install a newer version of Netframe work that Clean Installer requires I can't us it.

The builder of the house that I downloaded did not say there were sims included, I don't think its that because a couple of more houses I downloaded also crashed my game and they were from a different builder. Thats why I thought I must have gotten on the wrong download section by mistake.

I'm kinda afraid to delete them ATT, until I know for sure what they are.

Thanks coffeetime for your response
coffeeTime

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 04:42:05 pm »

I would not use the default installer, you could be installing sims, hacks and anything with that. Also it will dump your downloads in all together-a very bad idea. If you can't use CI, then I would not install any lots at all unless you know the person who uploaded it and they said it was cc free and clean. You should not be seeing any kind of Character package in a lot. Could be there is a remote control car or something of that nature, but then you would not expect there to be a lot of them. Getting rid of/deleting files won't hurt, keeping them in your game might.

Do you have SimPE? You can check to see if those are sims in there. If it were me, with all those other problems I would uninstall, reinstall and start of fresh and not let any content in that you not sure off. You should be able to download netframe work yourself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: