Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 11:09:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need help to create a sims2 'huge bodybuilder'  (Read 7573 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
markusonline

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2011, 06:43:32 am »

hi there,

i would love to create  'marvines huge bodybuilder' in my sims 2 but somehow it isnt working. i ve downloaded all the meshes from here http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,17933.0.html and here http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,2277.0.html but it is still not working in my game. what is wrong? what can i do to make it work???

i m using the base game without any add-upps.

i hope somebody can tell me the way to create what im looking for.

thanks, markus

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 07:20:48 am »

If you haven't downloaded any clothing for the HBB, then that's what your missing. Without clothes made specifically for that bodytype, the only time you'll "see" it in game is when the sim you're using it on is in the shower.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
markusonline

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 09:40:30 am »

but i have downloaded all the different formal and everyday clothes for the hbb and i downloaded underwear and swimwear aswell. but it wont appear in my menu: when i go in the everyday-menu for example, i can see that i ve downloaded 'something' but it is NOT visilble as it should be. when i go there with my mouse, im told that there is the hbb-clothing what i have downloaded, but what u can see is a normal red shirt with green pants. so my clothes-menu is full of red shirts and green pants Smiley)

somehow it seems that i dont have the basic-mesh for the hbb, but i dont understand that, because i believe, that i have downloaded all i need....
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 10:55:54 am »

It sounds like you're missing meshes. Make sure you have them by going back to the threads from which you've downloaded the clothing and get the mesh again. When you install it, if you get a "this file already exists" message, let it overwrite. If not, then you know you were missing the meshes. Smiley

ETA: Another possibility is it could be your thumbnails. Have you actually tried clicking on one of the outfits to dress your sim? If so, does it show on your sim fine, or is he dressed in the red shirt/green pants combo? If that works, then go into your Documents>EA Games>Sims 2 folder and empty your thumbnails folder (don't delete the folder, just remove the contents). The game will regenerate new thumbnails for you.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:50:14 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

markusonline

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:48:36 pm »

actually i was already going back to the download treats to re-download the meshes again and again a dozen times ... without any sucess. there is no mesh to find that i might have forgotten to download.

i have tried to empty the thumbnails-folder, but this didnt make any difference: i still have lots of red-green everyday-wear and lots of blue sleepling-wear Smiley

Huh?

there is one thing that is really odd and strange: as u will know u can download the bodybuilder-meshes and some of the clothes at www.modthesims too. when i download there, some of the meshes will work. but only a few. so i can download two or three everyday-cothes  here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=226853 and here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=225682
these links work fine and will be shown in my game without any problem.
but unfortunately this is not enough for me. a sim that is always running around in the same everyday outfit isnt real fun. anyway, when he will dress in sportswear or undies or formal wear, he will look as a normal sim - that  is simply silly

i also have tried to delete all other downloads from my download folder and installed the whole game new to put the bodybuilder meshes in a fresh and new game. but no sucess. its real s**t Smiley

any other idea to fix my game??

*Admin note: Three smilies per post, please and mind the language. Keep it PG-13*
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:08:31 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
markusonline

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 08:13:03 am »

it is really sad. i deleted all my downloads and the game again, installed the game new and just downloaded all the hbb-meshes from insimenator again. but nothing happens .... nothing of the hbb is visible in my game. simply nothing

is it possible that i need any add-on or expansion-pack? i just play the base-game yet
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 09:10:45 am »

Maybe you just have to re-enable custom content. It turns it self off if you reinstall the game (or add/uninstall an EP/SP). There should be a blue box with writing that pops up, asking if you want to enable it, or if not it's also in the settings in the neighborhood menu.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 10:29:10 am »

Note: After enabling cc, you may have to exit your game and restart in order for it to work.

markusonline

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 11:22:21 am »

Maybe you just have to re-enable custom content. It turns it self off if you reinstall the game (or add/uninstall an EP/SP). There should be a blue box with writing that pops up, asking if you want to enable it, or if not it's also in the settings in the neighborhood menu.

my custom content is always enabled, even after re-installation.

besides, there is NO blue box popping up, i'm never asked if i want to enable anything

again: when i download from insiminator, nothing is visible in my game

when i download from modthesims, at least 'something' is visible: i will show u a screenshot  as it looks like when i have downloaded from mts:

shirts will be all orange (but will dress sim in blue); when i put my mouse on it, it tells me the name of the hbb-clothes

the downloaded hbb combos are all in red-green.

downloaded underwaer or swimmwear or formal wear wont be shown in my game at all.

the only mesh that works is this from mts:

so my game is able to show the hbb, but why is it only showing this special mesh and not the others?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:53:01 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 07:57:18 pm »

One: Reading stickies is good for you! As the post I linked to says, the ONLY reason you should use the attachment feature here is for error logs. Images should be posted directly in the body of your post, via whatever third party image host you like.

Two: Please don't reply to yourself. If you think of something new to add, use the modify button to edit your post.

Now, I honestly don't know why the clothing you've downloaded isn't appearing. I don't have that problem and I have plenty of stuff from here.

Have you gone into your game settings and actually checked to see cc is enabled?

markusonline

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 06:13:44 am »

i m sorry that i wasn t familar enough with the forum-rules.

thanks for ur efforts anyway.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 07:04:48 am »

Have you gone into your game settings and actually checked to see cc is enabled?

So, have you?

markusonline

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 07:56:54 am »

So, have you?

yes i have checked it. it is enabled. it always is enabled automatically. even after re-installation of game it is enabled. i also tried to put it off and on. no effect on my problem.

so i don t have trouble with cc in general. i always look exactly what meshes i have to take. for example i have downloaded hair and clothes from http://www.all-about-style.com/index.html and it works great without any problems. it is different when i download from mts. some off the mts downloads works, some don t work for any reason. downloads from insiminator seem not to work in my game at all.

so it seems to be a very specific problem i have. it might be caused in my sims2-version. it is version 1.0, dated 2004
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: