Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 12:06:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saved Sims files won't work when uploaded  (Read 2568 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Seemetron

View Profile WWW
« on: November 11, 2011, 12:22:33 am »

Hello to those of you reading my post. I've been making and sharing recolors of sims 2 clothes for a few months now. I export my files to CS5 photoshop from the Sims 2 bodyshop and I'm careful to upload them from the Saved Sims file. However I've been told several times that my files are packaged incorrectly even though they are clearly listed as "PACKAGE FILES". I've done all of my recolors on a PC that runs on Windows 7. It was suggested to me that I copy and rename my packaged files on my desktop.   I'm not sure what I can do to fix this issue.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 07:57:26 am »

One file will be created in the "project" folder. This is not meant to be shared, and won't work.

The proper files that are saved for your game after you click "import to game" in Bodyshop are in the SavedSims folder, and have n 8-digit number in front of the name you gave them.

Make sure you DON'T change names or file extensions on the picture files in the project folder. This will cause troubles. You can save PSD files in the same folder, and the game won't be able to read these. The BMP files for clothing has to be one-layered, properly sized, and square as in 512x512 (for toddlers) or 1024x1024 (for child-elder).

Also remember the proper meshes.

Could you perhaps upload a file so we can easier figure out what's wrong?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Seemetron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 12:12:47 am »

I realized after uploading and renaming the files in mediafire, disabled/changed the files. Thanks nonetheless.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: