Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:01:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Controller Error  (Read 8330 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LilSister

View Profile WWW
« on: December 14, 2011, 11:44:15 am »

Last night while playing my game my sim Natasha and her cat Princess could no longer go down the stairs. Natasha had returned home from a day of shopping went upstairs to take a shower and when she tried to go downstairs to watch TV she would proceed to the stairs and turn around. Her cat princess also had trouble going down the stairs. She too would walk to the stairs and turn around. I manually placed Natasha on the first floor of her apartment and directed her to walk up the stairs. She was able to walk up the stairs but she could go back down. There was activity outside of the apartment in the common area where children's playground is located. Neighbor Danielle had about 7 piles of leave-she would rake the leaves in piles and then proceed to play in them.

I existed the lot and returned and had the same problem. I existed again and returned in debug mode and the error message stated something about problem with Apartment Controller I hit reset and entered the apartment. Still the same problem neither Natasha or Princess could go downstairs. I exited the lot and went to Danielle's apartment since Danielle was taking a bath I had her husband Maurice knock on Natasha's door. Maurice was able to enter the apartment and Natasha appeared but the apartment was empty (no furniture showing) as if no one lived there. Also there were no error messages in Danielle and Maurice's apartment. I exited and returned to Natasha apartment (still in debug mode) and the same error message about Apartment Controller, this I hit delete, when I entered the apartment sims still could not go downstairs on their own and another message stating that they must move in first to be able to access the lot. I packed up Natasha's belongings and move her out. Natasha and Princess are now in the family bin until I decide whether or not to move them back in.

Please forgive the long post-I just wanted to make sure I gave a clear picture of what occurred. I looked for information online regarding Apartment Life apartment controller errors and I didn't find any or look in the correct place. Any ideas, suggestion, thoughts are welcome. Also if I have inadvertently posted in the wrong section please direct me to the right place.

Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 12:02:51 pm »

First off, try moving your downloads folder somewhere else, such as your desktop, and try running your game to see if that helps.
I had been having problems with the 'Apartment Nanny' until I tried that, and it turned out to be some corrupt CC.
Nine times out of ten, that is the problem. Smiley

If it turns out to be corrupt CC, then try the half and half method(to narrow down the folder, and find out the problem).

If that is not the problem, then it is possible something in your game could be corrupt.

I searched on google, and found several people with the same problem, but no good solutions.
Most of them just suggest to move the family out, and then move them back in to see if that helps.

LilSister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 12:50:59 pm »

Thank you for your response.  I went through my downloads folder with fine tooth comb so to speak and I removed custom content and mods that were not updated for apartment life (I have all expansion and stuff packs thru Apartment Life).  I have an ideas of what the problem could be based on the log file:  One of the neighbor sims was in the common area in back of my sims apartment making leaf piles and playing in them.  When I notice her I checked she had at least 8 piles of leaves already rake, and she was playing in one and another sim was still raking leaves (I never paid attention to the fact that I had all neat sims in one building) this is when the problem started. I made the sim selectable to see if I could get her to dispose of the leaves, but the only option available was play and burn.  I dared not to tell to burn the leaves.  I don't have fires in my game and who knows what would have happened. The log file  stated something about clearapartmentlotobjects (thats how it was written) I'm wondering if all the leaves and playing in the back of my sims apartment cause the game to throw an error in the apartment controller, related to my sims apartment.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 01:54:53 pm »

That is a good start.
If you mouse-over the leaves, do you get an error log? If so, what is it?

Also, if they are the problem, try turning on moveobjects to get rid of the leaves, and see what happens then, since they can't dispose of the leaves.
And do you have a mod that doesn't allow them to dispose of the leaves? It may be another corrupt/outdated mod.

But that could very easily be the cause of your problems.

LilSister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 12:45:48 pm »

I test played the other playable sims apartments and I didn't have any problems.  I moved Natasha and Princess back in and so far all is well. The apartment lot reset itself.  I  test played the lot for 7 sim days without a glitch or hiccup.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 07:55:31 pm »

A little late, but....

The staircases are frequently blocked by a lingering action at the bottom or top of the stairs.  Modular stairs don't have this problem.  The best solution if this happens again is to replace staircases with modular.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: