Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 06:56:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: meshes for toddlers  (Read 4216 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rickzoe

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2010, 06:31:54 am »

i have these meshes showing up in body shop for toddlers, but they have no rc.  is anyone familiar with these and who made them?

(i tried inserting a pic, but the 'insert image' button is directing me to my files...sorry)

the files are:

HBCBCargoPantsMESH
HBCBJacketOutfitMESH
HBCBWinterVestOutfitMESH
HBCGBlazerOutfitMESH
HBCGGauchoMESH
HBCGWinterSweaterDressMESH
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 06:07:38 am by rickzoe » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:44:05 am »

Only thing that springs into mind is "Hope Bayler", or maybe someone else with either the initials HB.
CB/CG could be child boy/girl.  

I have a few outfits with the start (HBC), and a different mesh. They're in a folder with assorted clothing. Nothing but the original file name shows up in the text list (SimPE/hovertext in BS), either.
They're featuring night dresses (or everyday - not sure), with mermaids and flowery skirts. One yellow, the others I didn't check properly... One is a pink tutu with several alpha layers. Mesh is named "HBCUWinterCoat1MESH". Some uses meshes from eclectic-sims.

Then again, if they show up in Bodyshop, you must have at least one texture for them. If it's only a mesh, they won't show up.
Does the hovertext say anything?

I do have a feeling that some of the recolors I have might have been from Simsquirts, which doesn't exist any longer. If so, some of the clothing is up at the Booty and at the graveyard. Maybe you get lucky...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 07:17:55 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 06:14:50 am »

the hovertext on one says 'HBTGBlazerMR'.  the clothes are showing up white in CAS, so there is a texture, but why would it show up white? 

hmmm, nope, not from Simsquirts, though. 

i have one that also says 'HBCUWinterCoat1MESH' and that one is showing up as an all white outfit, too.  what does the clothing look like? 

thanks for helping Smiley!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 06:31:14 am »

All-white outfits are usually the bucket-fill texture that comes with the mesh if you only download the mesh.

Some sites does it that way, and people who does recolors and includes the mesh don't bother taking out the bucketfill texture, but uploads it together with the mesh and their own recolor.

I have some of those myself, which I haven't bothered deleting because I can't find them... But these recolors are not needed for the mesh to work, and you can safely remove them if you find them. 

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 12:12:49 pm »

(i tried inserting a pic, but the 'insert image' button is directing me to my files...sorry)

Just as an FYI, the insert image button at the top (between the insert flash and insert hyperlink buttons) adds the IMG code to your post. It doesn't direct you to your files, so I don't know why it should do so with you. In any case, you can easily type the code in yourself to post an image. Wink Also, Photobucket, Imageshack and many on image hosting sites will give you the BB code you need to post one of your pictures in a forum, though if you know the image address, you can do it yourself. The code should look like this:

Code:
[img]image address[/img]

As long as you don't hotlink, you'll be fine. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 12:30:46 am »

thanks for explaining, c.j, Smiley i didn't understand how the 'insert image' worked and also why the clothing shows up white.  i guess i'm going to keep them, hopefully i'll run across the site where i downloaded them. *fingers crossed*
they look like they'd be interesting outfits.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 02:04:47 am »

Most likely you have some outfits using the meshes - otherwise there would be no point in downloading the meshes only, or what?

My site:

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 07:16:21 am »

I'm thinking they're possibly mis-classified?

Toddlers don't get separates, yet you have some cargo pants and a jacket, both of which appear to be separates, in that list. Could be why they're showing up white - because no recolours for that age group actually exist. The CB and CG look like the clothes are for Child Boy, Child Girl, the CU probably refers to clothing classified for both male and female (ie. "universal").

Or is the subject of this thread wrong and you're actually talking about these showing white on child-aged sims and not toddlers, as stated in the subject?

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
cocosim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 01:34:56 pm »

where do i find and download meshes? sorry just that i'm really confused with this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: