Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:54:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird thing happening  (Read 3364 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Aquarius

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2012, 11:18:51 pm »

So recently my laptop was stolen but I had the game backed up and put it on the new laptop. Everything is more or less here but there's one little...hiccup.....

This is downtown. That's not concrete....

it's doing that for all my neighborhoods. It's not a big deal cuz it's only doing that in the neighborhood view thing but still..there any way to fix this?

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 11:17:54 am »

I'd also like to point out that the game is also now doing something a little...off....to some of the Vovilla cars and hair styles I've downloaded that worked fine on my old computer.

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 11:51:51 am »

You did reinstall, right? Not just move the game files (not even sure if that's possible)?

Could be the graphics card isn't compatible or something.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 01:01:22 pm »

Yeah I re-installed the game, all 8 expansions, all 6 stuff packs (there are 8 but I only have 6)

I guess it is the graphics card. Weird. I thought this would have a better one than my previous comp.

But w/e. Aside from making about 5% of my custom content unusable now, it doesn't really affect the actual gameplay since the biggest problem only occurs in the neighborhood mode it's fixed as soon as I go on to an actual lot

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 01:40:06 pm »

Not all cards are compatible, even if they're better. I suggest you check the cd-box of your latest EP (M&G, AL, Free Time or Bon Voyage - whichever is your latest) and see if you can find the one you have mentioned on the back side. I think it is so that EA won't guarantee that laptop versions of graphic cards will be compatible.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: