Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 10:53:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A little suggestion that might help the insim website  (Read 5210 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2012, 09:24:36 am »

Hello everyone,

i have notice the problem that insim is having with its donation drive sadly i can not donate but, have you ever considered the tought of moving the site to a free hosting forum. The kind Like forumotion or proboard that are on free host, or my bb forum thats also free or go with free smf if you do not went to change forum style or format.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 09:49:52 pm »

As far as I know, we DO use free smf (simple machine forum) layouts, Pierre. Or are you suggesting something that I'm missing? Please, more info would be helpful. Thing is, many free forum sites don't offer the security we need to protect against hacking/spammage to keep trolls off of the lawn and keeping our data and users safe from such is a key factor. Also, we don't want to have to rely on ads to provide the income to use such sites. There are many "free" hosting sites that use ads which can in turn leave people open to getting mal-ware or spy-ware loaded onto their computers and that's something we've avoided since the get-go after the Walt disaster... Providing a safe place for the InSim community is something the whole staff here is dedicated to, which is why we pay for our own hosting.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 03:09:42 pm »

I'll start by saying we're fine; the donation drive is dragging its feet a bit, but we're in fairly good shape. 

Now, adding to what Paden said, there's also issues like size, bandwidth requirements, and so on. InSim and InSimAdult are huge sites in terms of data and bandwidth usage; free hosts just can't provide what we require.

Thanks for the suggestion though, Pierre. Smiley

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 05:22:58 pm »

Your welcome everyone and this topic can now be close. Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: