Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 11:43:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I could really use some help with 1.33.2 patch  (Read 6331 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
login error

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2012, 10:35:51 am »

Recently, I purchased all the EP's and SP's up to Master Suite Stuff.  After installing I updated VIA the launcher and borked all of my CC. It's been pure hell ever since. I have lost track of all the fixes I've tried. Eventually, I removed the game and did a clean re-install. After the re-install of the Base game I patched according to the latest advice from the folks at Mod the Sims, all was looking very successful. I loaded custom content from the original Zip Files so as to avoid problems with corrupted files instead of just putting back my Mods and Downloads folder. On the first start of the game I only used 2 pieces of custom content (fresh from original zips)  that I knew were borked in my old game and started with an empty saves folder. Same issue. The Acaydia Fireplace and Armiel's Cast yourself a chimney both installed and seemed ok until I moved someone into the house and had them start the fireplace. At this point it did the same as in my old game.It lights, but the flame is under the fireplace instead of in it. Suggestions? I'm pulling my hair out over this one!
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 11:10:30 am »

Best I can offer at this point is to check to see if there are any updates through 1.32 (or 1.33) to the CC you are trying to use.
login error

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 02:21:01 pm »

That's what has me baffled. I only installed two pieces of CC to test the install and they are both base game compatible.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 04:42:06 am »

I, too, couldn't see any updates for the cast yourself a chimney. However, the fireplace may or may not have one and may or may not require specific EPs or SP. You'll have to check Sims Resource for those, that seems to be where Pinecat's stuff is. Sorry I couldn't help. Also, they may need an update if they don't have one yet. You'd need to check with the creators on that.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 04:04:32 pm »

You can fix all your borked stuff with this tool:
http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/index.php?topic=1298.0

No longer active
login error

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 10:11:19 am »

Many thanks for your suggestions. After looking at the program Bloom posted the link for, I researched the program and found the problem.
Having had only the base game and the HELS SP before, I installed all the EPS and SPS at one sitting. Not having gone through each indivdually, I was unaware of the problems encountered with the Pets EP.(It helps to have all the info on a glitch.) Tried the proggy on some of my CC and solved some of the issues and then tried one downloaded from TSR for the Pets EP and got all my content repaired now.
Somehow there always seems to be someone here to point me in the right direction when things go haywire. Best Sims Forum Ever!
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 04:34:19 am »

Cool, between the lot of us one can usually find at least one (if not more) solution to a problem. BlooM is one of the best. Looks like a handy tool to have.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: