Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:00:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: jump bug help  (Read 4550 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
emmanuella

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2012, 07:29:40 pm »

Hello I hope someone here could possible help me, my game is driving me crazy Sad I have this jump bug issue and I don't know what to do. The sims jump apart when I direct them to kiss, or make-out, they even jump when I tell them to feed the baby, i have run the HCDU and I have no conflicts. I have gone through my downloads I jst don't know what to do. Can anyone please look at these jump bug errors and tell me whats wrong?

* ObjectError_E001_t11443.txt (98.69 KB - downloaded 159 times.)
* ObjectError_E001_t11651.txt (99.07 KB - downloaded 158 times.)
* ObjectError_N001_t264356.txt (118.91 KB - downloaded 149 times.)
* ObjectError_N001_t266662.txt (106.65 KB - downloaded 203 times.)
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 07:40:22 pm »

Do you by any chance have a hack such as the Insimenator/Inteenimator/ACR or similar?
If those aren't updated to your latest EP, or if they conflict with something, they will cause jump bugs.
Could be other hacks/mods, too.

Try to move out your mods and hacks, and see if the problems persists. If they don't, you've got some conflicting items. The HCDU isn't always right.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:46:45 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
emmanuella

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 08:02:56 pm »

The thank you for replying so quickly yes I have insimenator I got it from BAS chris hatch has one that he updated and I have ACR I think I have the lateset one out. I will try removing all my mods and hacks.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 09:18:56 pm »

Yeah, the HCDU is a good tool, but it's really only a starting point. It doesn't identify conflicts, per se. What it does is tell you what mods affect the same behaviors and have the potential to conflict. If it lists anything, then a good place to start is taking those items out and seeing if the problem disappears. If the HCDU doesn't list anything, it means you have to start by pulling out all your mods and, if that makes the problem go away, then you have to figure out which mod is conflicting by slowly adding them back into your game until you find it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
emmanuella

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 04:20:01 am »

I tried taking out the ACR and Sim blender and I still have the same problem,
retrotrut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 05:37:10 am »

I had that problem when I put the Sim Blender, Insimenator and the Sim Manipulator together. I would keep getting a jump bug error and then when I would click on the buy mode, the game would crash, so I removed the sim blender and the sim manipulator and kept the insimenator and it worked just fine after that Smiley
No Jump bugs or crashes since then Smiley

Dido's new album "Safe Trip Home" is coming out on November 17 2008. More information found on http://www.didomusic.com and http://www.retro-trut.blogspot.com Smiley
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 08:32:13 am »

Sim Manipulator and insimenator, aren't they basically the same mod? I would think they might conflict.
I've had insim and simblender in my game for ages, and they work fine together.
ANyways, the most important you do regarding mods is to use the ones that go together with your latest EP (or SP). For isntanced, using a non-updated (or non-tested by the creator) Season mod when AL is your latest could cause jump bugs. Using a Basegame refi\ridgerator when you have Seasons could just as well cause bugs. Or using items created with certain EPs if you have only the basegame.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 01:54:34 pm »

I just want to make sure here re the OP ... did you backup your game first (always, always back up), cut your Downloads folder out of the current game, and paste it to your desktop? Then start the game without the DL folder?

Did you see if the Sims did the same jump bug action without the DL, then get out of the game without saving? (Do NOT save!)

I get jump bugs constantly, and if I can't find an immediate culprit, that's a main way I can find out what's wrong. In many cases, by the way, it turns out that I had two conflicting items that, while they work fine separately, do NOT play nicely together.

An easy option might be that a "bed" action got stuck. I had a whole bunch of problems like that lately. I simply deleted the beds and put in new ones. You can try to do that before doing the 50/50 download chore, but don't save. For some reason, I find that beds I put in my inventory can be a pain if I put them in a room again. However, I do not believe this is that common a problem, and have found that as the below article indicates, most of my jump bugs are due to conflicting content that is going to keep conflicting unless I take action.

If taking out your downloads/replacing your beds don't work, you have other options. Be very careful using them, and back up your game.

For more info:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:00:38 pm by gazania » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: