Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:15:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I know it's been a while...  (Read 8642 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 05, 2012, 06:10:00 pm »

Hello all, I know it has been a looong time since I posted here. I have missed you all a lot! So much has happened in my absence!!

I quit smoking (FOR GOOD this time) a year and-a-half ago… something I thought I’d never be able to do. I moved out on my own in January 2011 and am doing surprisingly well in my own little handicap-accessible apartment. I’ve taken to cooking and found I’m rather good at it. Cheesy

But with the good comes the bad: in March 2010 my mother was diagnosed with bone cancer AND lung cancer. Both were terminal and her expectancy was 4 – 12 months. That was TWO YEARS AGO, and she’s alive and making amazing progress. She will be in and out of chemo the rest of her life; but the longer I have her here, and not suffering, the better. Smiley

I’ve done a lot of maturing since I last posted here; I took a good long look at my life and decided it was time to change. I forgave those who did me wrong, let go of the negative people and fake friends, made new friends, and let go of a lot of built-up anger and resentment. I still have a ways to go yet, but the progress is evident that I’ve come a long way. Smiley

My desktop computer finally died in early 2011, at the ripe old age of eight and-a-half years. My mom let me borrow her netbook, which didn’t have a CD-Rom drive, so I couldn’t play TS2… for Christmas however, I got a new, full-size laptop, and despite what many have said about TS2 on Windows 7, I can play it just fine. Which is why I’m making new posts on my TS2 accounts… I missed it all, and am getting back in the game, so to speak. Cheesy

I’m looking forward to rejoining the awesome Sims community! Cheesy

Me and my awesome mother... Smiley by ShadowMoon23, on Flickr
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:15:09 pm by Mooncat » Logged

"You are what you love, not who loves you..."
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:55:17 pm »

Yeah, kick cancers' butt!  Cheerleader
Welcome back to the sim community. : D
I've just recently started being active in the community.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 09:51:57 pm »

Heeeeeey, you look kinda familiar... ha! I remember you! It's been awhile ... at least around this corner of the internet. Wink

Welcome back to Insim, my dear. It's good to have you back. Believe me, I have nothing but sympathy and understanding for what you're going through with your mom. I went through the same thing with my dad, only it was lung cancer and throat cancer. May she kick it's butt to the curb and keep it out!

ROCK that red hair! Welcome to the ginger club.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 12:55:30 am »

Yeah, kick cancers' butt!  Cheerleader
Welcome back to the sim community. : D
I've just recently started being active in the community.

Kicking its butt is EXACTLY what she's doing! Her oncologist calls her his miracle patient. Cheesy And thanks for the welcome back, I took an un-anounced hiatus from making CC in 2010, lost the ability to play a year later, and now I'm getting back in the game!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!

Wait...

What? Grin

And welcome to the community, yourself! Hope to see ya posting around here. Cheesy

Heeeeeey, you look kinda familiar... ha! I remember you! It's been awhile ... at least around this corner of the internet. Wink

Welcome back to Insim, my dear. It's good to have you back. Believe me, I have nothing but sympathy and understanding for what you're going through with your mom. I went through the same thing with my dad, only it was lung cancer and throat cancer. May she kick it's butt to the curb and keep it out!

ROCK that red hair! Welcome to the ginger club.

I haven't seen you since Facebook earlier today!! Grin Ha!

I'm so glad to be back. Smiley About cancer, I try not to use the word hate much anymore, but in this case, I believe it's justified: I HATE cancer! I'm so proud of my mom for doing as well as she is, she has promised to fight 'til the end, and these past 2 years she has kept that promise and fought hard. Smiley

Thank you, last time I had red hair I was a toddler (I was born a redhead)! It faded to blond when I was 3 though, the same time my innocence faded. LOL! Grin

LuckySeven
2nd time around n00b

Bringin' sexy back...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 01:20:11 am »

Glad to see you back. I'd comment on the other stuff, but I already knew about it for obvious reasons.

Self-sim by Karialsim, enjoy!
Eimiko Hori by me, The Asian Cyberpunk
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 01:22:52 am »

Glad to see you back. I'd comment on the other stuff, but I already knew about it for obvious reasons.

Thanks hun, I'm glad to be back. Cheesy

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 02:51:56 pm »

You look sort of familiar, but I can't quite remember where I've seen you before. Tongue

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 01:51:50 am »

You look sort of familiar, but I can't quite remember where I've seen you before. Tongue

...You're that one girl! That I saw... at that one place! Grin

[/goofiness]

edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 09:22:06 am »

Hello all, I know it has been a looong time since I posted here. I have missed you all a lot! So much has happened in my absence!!

I quit smoking (FOR GOOD this time) a year and-a-half ago… something I thought I’d never be able to do. I moved out on my own in January 2011 and am doing surprisingly well in my own little handicap-accessible apartment. I’ve taken to cooking and found I’m rather good at it. Cheesy

But with the good comes the bad: in March 2010 my mother was diagnosed with bone cancer AND lung cancer. Both were terminal and her expectancy was 4 – 12 months. That was TWO YEARS AGO, and she’s alive and making amazing progress. She will be in and out of chemo the rest of her life; but the longer I have her here, and not suffering, the better. Smiley

I’ve done a lot of maturing since I last posted here; I took a good long look at my life and decided it was time to change. I forgave those who did me wrong, let go of the negative people and fake friends, made new friends, and let go of a lot of built-up anger and resentment. I still have a ways to go yet, but the progress is evident that I’ve come a long way. Smiley

My desktop computer finally died in early 2011, at the ripe old age of eight and-a-half years. My mom let me borrow her netbook, which didn’t have a CD-Rom drive, so I couldn’t play TS2… for Christmas however, I got a new, full-size laptop, and despite what many have said about TS2 on Windows 7, I can play it just fine. Which is why I’m making new posts on my TS2 accounts… I missed it all, and am getting back in the game, so to speak. Cheesy

I’m looking forward to rejoining the awesome Sims community! Cheesy

<images snipped> ]Me and my awesome mother... Smiley by ShadowMoon23, on Flickr

Hi, Mooncat! It's nice to see you posting, again. Heck, for all that, it's nice to BE posting, myself, again! Nice pic of you and your wonderful mom. I like it! Hey, we never got to talk much, yesterday, about part two of Ruby's Burden. I'm still not sure which part of the story was your favorite. We'll have to discuss that more. I'll be working on Part 3, today. Hopefully I'll have the whole thing concluded in about a week or so, and then I can get started on "The Accident". You know... That one we talked about, yesterday. I'm looking forward to doing THAT one! It's going to be FUN! Cheesy

*Admin note: Please don't include images in quotes*
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:30:23 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 12:11:25 am »

I think I'll also threadjack this by saying that I might stop by for a little bit from time to time as well because I'm going to take the summer off from college to focus on working.  So basically that leaves a surprisingly ton of free time for me.  Oi vey- I'm so not used to this. Coffee2

But hey- where are my manners?  Welcome back to the community.  I'm not sure if welcoming you back a faux pas or not because I'm returning to the sims community as well, but still.  Group hugs for everybody! Smiley

Sigs are for smokers.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 11:23:58 am »

Wondered where you two had run off to, to be honest, just hadn't said anything for fear you'd do it again...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: