Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:53:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Nightlife Quirks' bug's' and Glitches!  (Read 20609 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 04:04:12 pm »

Usually if the plumb bob disappears that means the sim has been moved "out of world" similar to what happens when they leave for class.  If the plumb bob hangs around, this suggests that the sim's model itself (or an accessory on the model) has encountered a rendering(drawing) error of some kind - so the sim simply isn't drawn.  You might check your Logs folder.  In addition to the behavior log files that we all know and love, the game will emit graphics errors it encounters with regard to textures, bad models, animations, etc.  There may be a reference to your sim in one of those files that might give you a clue.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
maniac19642003
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 04:10:37 pm »

Quote from: jase439
Usually if the plumb bob disappears that means the sim has been moved "out of world" similar to what happens when they leave for class.  If the plumb bob hangs around, this suggests that the sim's model itself (or an accessory on the model) has encountered a rendering(drawing) error of some kind - so the sim simply isn't drawn.  You might check your Logs folder.  In addition to the behavior log files that we all know and love, the game will emit graphics errors it encounters with regard to textures, bad models, animations, etc.  There may be a reference to your sim in one of those files that might give you a clue.

As long as I keep that sim selected, the plumbob and everything is there, but once I either move the mouse over that sim or select a different sim, everything including the plumbob disappears for that sim so I'll have to look for something I guess in those files, wherever they are. Where would I find those?
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 04:13:15 pm »

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs

You'll see a handful of files:

TextureErrors.txt
resources.txt
ProductionMessages.txt
etc.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
maniac19642003
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005, 04:33:47 pm »

I have a TextureErrors.log file in there, but I am not sure which program to use to open it so I can look at it, but I took a pic of my entire folder there so you can tell me where my problem might be located in these files then, since I'm such an idiot when it comes to things like that lol..
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005, 04:39:22 pm »

Quote from: maniac19642003
I myself just encountered a weird bug/glitch/whatever in the game, I had used insim to give all my sims cellphones then I had one sim, Sleepy's sim, call the matchmaker and when I bought some love potion (10) from her for $3,500 Sleepy's sim just disappeared from view, she could still be clicked wit her pic there on the left side, but her sim is actually invisible right now on my lot. Has anyone else seen this happen yet?

Wow! I have used the InSim to add Cells to all my teens and adults. I have only been experimenting with one house but (even though the InSim says that the Sim has a Cell) l it is not available when I click on him or any other Simmie on that lot. I removed the phone hack thinking this was the culprit but I still do not have the option. So weird![/i]

Oops, forgot to mention that I have always had that weird stair prob with all of the S2 games. It only happens with the drop stairs not the fixed stairs. You can see the bottom of the stairs bleeding through lower floors. I just shrugged and use the fixed stairs. This is not a NL phenomenon. It has existed in the Veronaville horror forever.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2005, 04:41:04 pm »

They changed the GUID's of the cellphones and other electronics so that is the problem. It will be fixed in the update tonight.
Abbiesaunt1997

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2005, 04:41:47 pm »

maniac, I think the .log files are just text files.  If you double click on them they should open in worpad, or notepad.

\"What happens whent all your dreams arel lying on the ground?  Do you pick up the pieces all around?
maniac19642003
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2005, 04:45:28 pm »

Quote from: Abbiesaunt1997
maniac, I think the .log files are just text files.  If you double click on them they should open in worpad, or notepad.

Thanks, I just got it to open on notepad.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2005, 05:02:25 pm »

Beloved Kathy, the Master has already cajoled my fears and confusion. Thank you oh great and wise Goddess Mother of all things Simmie!

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Zelia Theb

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2005, 05:14:15 pm »

Quote from: ilikefishfood
I've been thinking about this, Zelia Theb.  You say the move_objects cheat wasn't enabled on this particular lot, but once you've enabled the move_objects cheat on any lot, it's enabled on all lots until you disable it or restart the game.  

Had you enabled it on another lot before you started working on this quirky one?

(great pix by the way!  Cheesy )

Well, the first move_objects was done on the same day of release.  Also, I am careful to turn move_objects off right after I'm done with whatever needs doing (In this instance, putting wall sconces in my cellar level).

The stair shots I just took last night.  So the game was restarted -plenty- of times.  Hence, why it's so weird!  I haven't enabled move_objects at all since that day of NL's release.  I'm too afraid of it now, lol. Smiley

Great pix? (Double pun for that pixelated-ness, huh?)  Thanks!  I think it's easier to provide evidence, as I believe kathy already said. Smiley
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2005, 04:25:56 pm »

We found a new one!  When playing university (with NL installed) there's no pop-up warning that there's class in an hour.  The 'go to class' icon is queued, but if the YA is doing some directed action, like studying, research or skill-building they won't stop and go to class, and without that warning to the player..........well, you see the problem!

I'm playing a freshly installed game with no custom content, and removed the two mods that I was testing (inSIM and a soon-to-be released NL version of inTEEN) to see if the problem was related to them....but no dice.  The class-in an hour pop-up, did'nt well....pop-up!  It seems Maxis has removed this feature.  Has anyone else noticed this?

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2005, 04:42:25 pm »

The tutorial/game tips system fails to set the magic data bits which trigger the "Go To Class" warnings and the 5-hour Go To Final warning for Uni students.  I have filed a report with Maxis, and may release a "patch" of my own for this.  In either event, you'll have to be extra diligent in seeing your Uni students off to class.

This may only apply to new neighborhoods.

EDIT: A fix is available here:

http://www.insimenator.net/viewtopic.php?t=1742

underworld_imp

True Hardcore Gamer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2005, 12:31:04 pm »

Cool

I haven't yet gotten around to playin' my Uni neighborhoods yet, but I downloaded your patch anyway. I first noticed that this was an original bug from Uni. so this is a convenient patch. Does it go in the downloads folder  :?:

Also, one glitch I noticed in NL was the people who did have cell phones in UNI, no longer have cell phones in their inv.

I have heard about the love potion glitch, so I am staying away from that till there's a fix.

Cool

Check out my Sims 2 Meshes and Recolors at

http://blissphomey.yuku.com/

==========

Those Who Run From The Darkness Are Those Who Are Swallowed By The Light.  Those That Creep In The Shadows, Are The Darkness' Shape-shifters.

- imp
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2005, 12:41:11 pm »

Yeah, it goes in your Downloads folder.

Avi

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2005, 04:17:16 pm »

Hmm . . .  I just put that patch in to fix the class notification and after starting up the game one set of playable Sims at a dorm had problems with their wants . . .  2 of them had no wants, one had just one want . . .  and the other one was fine.  One of the ones with no wants was at class and one was in their dorm room.  The one with only one want remaining was also at class.  The one that was fine was on the couch.  I tried resetting the wants with InSim but to no avail . . .  only reset the fears.  This is the only hack I've added since playing last, but I've downloaded plenty of clothes and things, so I'm not sure if it's what's doing it, though usually hair meshes and clothing doesn't mess up the game . . .    So I don't know what this is about.  Maybe it's conflicting with another hack?  All of the hacks I currently have are Nightlife compatible, as far as I can tell.  (I've checked the lists and updated when possible.)

After removing the hack, that particular dorm is still having the same problem . . .  :^(  Didn't seem to fix itself . . .  My other dorm is fine, though.  :^\  Kind of odd . . . I had to use the Change Aspiration cheat on InSim and just rechoose their aspirations to get the wants back.  Just thought I'd let you know what happened . . .
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: