Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 10:02:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't place pre-built lot?  (Read 2737 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2012, 01:17:07 pm »

Okay, so my brother has been playing sims 2.
He took a house from his main neighborhood that had a sim living in it into the house bin, and tried to move it to a sub-hood off of his main neighborhood(A downtown) and now every time he tries to place the lot, the game crashes.
I'm thinking that moving the sim and lot into the house bin is what did it, but I don't know for sure.

If that is the problem, is there a way to fix it, and if not, what is the problem?

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 01:22:34 pm »

First of all, never do that. Placing an occupied out in the bin and then back into another neighborhood/sub hood is very bad. It will more likely than not result in a corruptded neighborhood, so better leave it. Moving sims from the sim bin between subhoods is generally safe, but moving occupied lots tends to be very bad, even between subhoods.

Placing occupied lots in the bin is always bad. It corrupts memories and relationship, and might result in a BFBVFS*...

* Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space, also known as corrupted game.

The safest is to extract the sim with SimPE and clone in Bodyshop. Between subhoods you can just move him out (except if he's corrupted, then the other way is safest). For the house, pack it with the sim in (place it in an empty hood that you delete after), and install it with Clean Installer by only selecting the lot element. Then you can place it again, test-run it, and move the sim in.

It is quite possible the main hood is a bit corrupted, though.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:01:20 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 02:44:28 pm »

Alright, I will see what I can do. : D
That's all pretty much what I figured, I knew it was very bad to move sims to different neighborhoods, but I wasn't positive with just subhoods. Since he's already in the house bin, we'll just have to remake him with simPE. Tongue

Another thing; I have a .BAK file for the neighborhood, so that means I can restore it to last time we opened it in SimPE, right?
If so, how to I use the .bak?

So, not a good idea to us .bak files.
So I think my best bet is trying to extract the family in simPE, and re-creating them.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:16:51 pm by Dullahan » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: