Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 08:38:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pets stop eating?  (Read 3351 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2012, 02:39:53 pm »

So, in two households I've had dogs just stop eating for no reason.  One, I didn't do anything, just one day the dog stopped eating out of the bowl she'd been eating out for her whole life (puppy and a few days into adulthood).  The other dog, I tried giving him a new pet bowl and suddenly he stopped eating.  Tried replacing the bowls several times in both houses, didn't work.  Neither of them have ever eaten human food, so that's not the issue, and even after using InSIM to train them to eat pet food they still won't.  There's no option to eat or call them to eat.  I've tried commanding them to eat but nothing happens.
Anyone else had this happen?

Also, both of them are Corgis (I custom made the breed) - one full corgi and one half corgi/half a pre-made breed (I forget which).  They are finicky, but even cleaning and buying the most expensive bowls don't work.
:/

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 02:47:59 pm »

Are the bowls filled?  Cheesy

Sorry, now then.
Are you sure the pets are hungry? They may not eat when they aren't hungry, or they could just be stubborn. Will other pets besides these two dogs eat?

If all else fails, you could always activate 'boolprop controlpets on' and then make them eat.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 02:55:32 pm »

Do you have any hacks that go directly on pets, or pets and food? Could be some conflict that suddenly popped up.

Also, if you have any motive hacks or cheats in play, they will work on dogs too. If they're not hungry, they won't eat. Better check their motives with the controlpets cheat, just to be sure.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 11:11:10 am »

None of those things are what's wrong, I don't have pet hacks, no mood hacks, and I already have controlpets on, the bowl is full and the dogs are hungry.  I tried deleting and "restore family"-ing one of them and that worked, so I dunno.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 11:22:29 am »

Just to be sure, try to move out your downloads and play on an empty lot with pets. If things are normal then, it's something in your downloads folder that is buggy.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: