Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:28:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sinking Business...  (Read 2845 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2012, 11:21:42 am »

I was wondering if anyone had some advice for running a successful business in OFB.

I have this store and I worked pretty hard on it. I have four employees, have priced all of my items, and I am really focusing on "assessing moods and desires" and my employees' sales techniques as well as customer service, yet my cash flow is plummeting! I'm not understanding why.

When I priced my items, at first I went "average" on every item. My cash flow wasn't doing too well, so I overpriced some items. This was all right for awhile but then my cash flow began to sink again. I went the other way and decided to make everything average and a few things cheap. Now I'm really sinking.

Any help from my Sim peers?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:49:00 am by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 11:58:26 am »

Rise the prices along with the reputation (don't make things expensive unless the business is doing great). Use somewhat expensive items, and price them as cheap and average (but make sure the price goes in plus). Don't have the same prices on everything, as the customers often go for the cheaper items.  

Don't price everything as expensive. It scares the customers away.

Employees will crave payment, so the more you have the more money you will lose. Don't have more than you really need (I often tend to use family members).

I often use the ticket machine as it gives a bit of extra cash. Price it as cheap, and have a few activities the customers can use.

Also, (it's somewhat cheating, but I don't care) buy and create items outside business hours, or on the home lot and put in the inventory. That might help a little. If you don't mind cheating with motives, the maxmotives cheat might help a little to keep employees happy.

If you earn customer stars, you'll get more faithful customers. Be careful with the sale techniques (some will lose you stars, while others help you earn them, but it varies), and always help customers who are confused.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:52:42 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 12:10:10 pm »

Hey, sound advice, Raven. Thanks. I will work on these tips and see how it goes.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: