Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:44:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pet eyes  (Read 3246 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
NoMeOlvidaras
Lurker

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2012, 10:01:33 am »

HELP PLEASE!!!   I ACCIDENTALLY DOWNLOADED DEFAULT REPLACEMENT PET EYES AND I HATE THEM!! BUT I HAVE SO MANY DOWNLOADS THAT I CAN'T FIND THE DOWNLOAD TO DELETE IT. WHAT CAN I DO??  BTW I JUST FOUND THIS PLACE AND I LOVE IT!! NOW IF I COULD ONLY FIGURE  OUT HOW TO UPLOAD...

looking to upgrade my sims 2 playing experience w the best cc i dan download. thanks in advance to anyone who makes this great cc and posts it for free downloads!! Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:39:47 am »

Well, this isn't the best way to introduce yourself to the forum, though I do bid you welcome.

First, turn off your capslock button when posting here. Typing in all caps isn't good netiquette and is considered shouting. No one likes to be yelled at. The only capital letters you need are at the beginning of sentences,  proper nouns, and for the nominative I. 

Second, this is the section of the forum to introduce yourself, eg., "Hi, I'm NoMeOlvidaras and I just joined. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.", not ask for game help. Please tell us if this is Sims 2 or 3 you're having a problem with, so I can move this to the right place.

As to your problem, if it's Sims 2 (as I'm not too familiar with how cc folders work for Sims 3), it's always a good idea to keep your default replacements in a separate subfolder in your Downloads. There are three subfolders I recommend everyone have: Default Replacements, Hacks/Mods, and New. If you have problems, they're usually caused by one of the three.

Do you still have the original download file with eyes in it? If so, you can open it again to find out the file name so you can find it in your downloads and remove it. If you don't, you can go back to the site where you downloaded it and do so again so you can get the file name.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 05:04:42 am »

Hi, welcome to InSim. What Joy said about finding the file name will work for either Sims 2 or 3. The mods for Sims 3 are (or should be) in Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Mods/Packages. I also recommend keeping sub-folders for your mods based on the mod type (as Joy said). It makes problem resolution much faster.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: