Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:15:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Requests: Wedding Dress and Sims 2 Conversions  (Read 4357 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bexstar

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2012, 10:54:05 am »

The first request is for a wedding dress. This is my dead grandmother's wedding dress, but in my opinion it is one of the most gorgeous wedding dresses I have ever seen and I want to have it in my game.

My second request is for conversions of any of the Victorian clothing here: http://www.all-about-style.com/victorian.html I have emailed the creator and gotten permission, and I will forward this information to anyone who wants it. I am most interested in the adult male and female, although I would really love as much of it as possible.

Thanks so much for all your help!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 02:24:43 pm »

It helps for creators if you put up detailed pictures of the texture, or close-ups. From that distance we can only see the shape and the color, which isn't too helpful.

As for the entire bunch of AAS to be converted to TS3... I think you're a bit in over your head there. I seriously doubt anyone is going to start converting all of them for you, unless they want it in their own games. Even then it's going to take a while. Clothing conversion from TS2 to TS3 isn't the easiest, as the body meshes are different and more detailed in TS3. I'd think TS3 to TS2 is easier. Perhaps choose a few outfits you'd really like?

Have you seen their TS3 section, by the way? http://www.all-about-style.com/sims3.html
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:32:10 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
bexstar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 02:58:57 pm »

You're right. I'll add a few texture pics. Sorry I didn't think to do that.

As for the second request, I have seen the TS3 section, but unfortunately most of her good Victorian era clothing isn't there. I'll go through and choose a couple of my favorites to request for now. If only I knew how to convert them myself, and had what I needed to do so. xD

Texture Pics:

This is clipped from a closer up picture. It's part of my arm, so this is the sleeve.

This is the skirt with all three layers.

And this is just the top, lace layer of the skirt. (The torso part is the same texture)
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 03:33:38 pm »

Just a few tips regarding texture pictures that you capture by camera:

- Make it as flat in lighting as possible, and try to avoid shadowing/highlights, as this often makes a bad result. Outfit shadowing put on a flat-shaded texture usually makes a better result.
- Make the picture as sharp as possible, and try to avoid blurring.  
- If it's see-through or blondes, try to use a contrasting color underneath (such as white on black, light colors on dark colors, or opposite).
- Flatten the cloth so it is as smooth as you can make it. The less overlapping and wrinkling of the cloth, the easier it is to make it into a useable texture.
- If you manage to capture at least a whole square of a repeating pattern (the more you capture, the better it is), it's much easier to make the pattern tileable. If some of the pattern is missing, you'll get ugly seams in the texture.

The last picture would be perfect if it did not have the shadows. It's white, though, so it is possible to correct it. Other patterns would be harder to correct. Just keep it in mind for future requests Wink

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
bexstar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 08:43:12 pm »

It's a 55 year old dress that I'm hoping to wear to my own wedding some day, so I didn't want to try and stretch it out or flatten it any more than necessary to get a decent pic. I do understand what you're saying though. x)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: