Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:30:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using accessories in unintended modes.  (Read 3497 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mjrbaseball

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2012, 12:27:32 pm »

Hello. Maybe I don't know the correct terms, but I was unable to locate a mod for this in the listing. There are some CC accessories I downloaded that can be worn in, for example, everyday and formal mode, but not in sleepwear or swimwear. How can these be modified so that my Sim can keep wearing her CC jewelry while swimming or showering, for example? Thank you.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 02:00:57 pm »

If you're familiar with SimPE:

(This has to be done on every recolor you want to change)
- open the recolor file you want to change
- click on "Mesh Overlay XML (XMOL)" in the resource tree. Now only the XMOL resources are going to show in the Resource List.
- click on the first resource name in the Resource List (there is one for each age and gender the accessory works for - af, am tf, tm and so on)
- look in the CPF editor underneath.
- Click on "category (dtUInteger) = [0x0...]"
- in the Value window, change the number to 0x0000127F (I think 0x0000137F works too - or that might be for hairs...)
- click "commit" at the bottom
- do this for ALL the XMOL resources
- save the file

Now the accessories are going to work for all clothing categories, including naked.

The bin number is the same as clothing categories, so if you want some but not all categories, the easiest way to figure out the bin number is to make a clothing recolor in SimPE with the categories you want for the accessory (say, everyday+outerwear+gym+PJs). Copy the number in the bin category, and use it for the accessories.
You can delete the outfit recolor later. It appears in the SavedSims folder.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 02:06:41 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: