Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:42:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help: No sims on community lots  (Read 13020 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« on: August 17, 2012, 10:45:02 am »

I did a search on the forum and found zero info on this lil' problem, so I'll ask myself. I just mere days ago finally made the transition to TS3. I have all EPs and SPs up to Town Life Stuff. As the subject says, when I visit a community lot of any type, there are no other sims visiting. It's just my sim, and the NPC sim...no one else. No other sims generate...no Townies, none of my other CAS sims...no one. Is there some sorta' fix for this? Is there somethin' I'm doing wrong? Still pretty green in TS3, so any bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 11:16:38 am »

I read something on a similar problem with this somewhere, but I can't remember where. When I have a bit of time to spare, I try digging it up and posting the link. The short version is, it all depends on your computer. The game sets a cap on how many townies it will generate based on what it thinks your computer can handle. There's a file you can edit to change this cap, but I can't recall what or where exactly it is.

I have to dash off right now, but, like I mentioned, when I have a window of time I'll dig around for the page.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 12:13:16 pm »

Thanks, Joy. Cheesy

edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 04:45:38 pm »

Do you have story mode in Sims 3 turned on or off? If on then no townies will show up in the game.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 10:58:36 pm »

Story mode is turned off.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 11:12:34 am »

Sorry for the delay. It took me a bit to find it again. There's a thread discussing this problem with NL, but it should apply still. I was scanning through to find pertinent posts in the thread, but I decided it would be best if you scanned/read through it. There's some information in it. Here you go.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: