Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:57:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i cant get the cars in sim 2 to stay HELPPPP  (Read 2318 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hellokittyboo

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2012, 02:14:57 pm »

ive been having trouble placeing my sims 2 cars and i dont understand whats wrong it comes up wit the object error dose any one know how to fix it???
PLEASE HELP MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!1
and i dont know in my game files what the cars r called to get emm out of game
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 02:20:57 pm »

You probably either have a borked car/vehicle (if it happens to one vehicle, or several vehicles from the same creator), or a hack/mod that interferes with cars or driveways (happens to several different cars, sometimes even EAxis cars). Try to take a look at the ingame description and try find a name of the creator or the car. Might help in finding it.

If you have all downloads in one big bunch, or don't sort them properly, you can also use the 50/50 method to find the culprit. Look here.

And while you're at it, could you please take a look at the forum rules? Particularly this segment:

No leet/text speak - eg: Lets c whu cn m@ke teh most complic@ted l33t spek ev@rr is not acceptable. A lot of users here have English as a second language and have a hard enough time understanding as it is. To that end, please make an effort to use proper grammar and spelling. We don't expect everyone to have perfect textbook English, but the clearer you are, the better you will be understood, and the more response you'll get to help questions, or any post in general. We are not the grammar police here and understand typos happen and not everyone is a perfect speller, but if you're not using periods, commas, capital letters and a reasonable semblance of accurate spelling out of pure laziness, we will call you on it.

While we're on the subject of punctuation, etc, please do not type in all caps. It's bad forum etiquette and viewed as shouting.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:07:52 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 04:42:59 pm »

ive been having trouble placeing my sims 2 cars and i dont understand whats wrong it comes up wit the object error dose any one know how to fix it???
PLEASE HELP MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!1
and i dont know in my game files what the cars r called to get emm out of game

Okay, here's a method that's fairly easy and works well for me but it will require some work on your part so be ready to roll up your sleeves and get to it.

First, it's obvious you didn't have problems with your game until you downloaded and installed some cars to your game so that helps to eliminate having to look through your whole download folder to find the problematic download.

Next, crank your memory up, go on Google and do a search for Sims 2 cars. Look for and find the ones you most recently downloaded and added to your game.

Go to the download link and click download but *do not* download the file. *open* the file in winzip or winrar, instead.

When the file opens in winzip/winrar (or whatever you use) *write the file name (package name) down on a piece of paper.

Do this until you've located all of the cars you recently downloaded and make notes of the package names.

Next, go to your Sims 2 downloads folder and do a search *using those file names you wrote down*. Either delete or move those files to another folder and then restart your game to check to see if you're cars work, now.

Protip: If you have expansion packs up to Open For Business (I believe, don't quote me on that) then you can put *sub* folders in your Sims 2 downloads folder. If you can do that then you should definitely make a subfolder called "test". This is where you would put all new, future downloads so you can test them out in your game, first, then remove them easily if they cause problems. This will save you a ton of grief and headaches in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: