Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:52:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insimenator website gives an error after an amount of time pass by.  (Read 6638 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rickyfourgamer

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2012, 02:30:08 am »

Hey, guys. I'm not sure if anyone here has this problem, but after an amount of time the website just shows an error. Not a pop up or link error, but it just simply stops connecting with Insimenator.org after an hour or less. Then after a day or more goes by I can simply go and download and check some things at the forum. I just don't know if anyone has this problem here, but I'm scared it'll happen again if I don't ask. The browser I have is Internet Explorer 9 so is it my browser that causes this? I mostly stroll at the old downloads sections and some topics here on the forums, but it just doesn't last enough before I get no connection with the website. I wonder how long it will take to come back here to this thread. Thanks in advance to those  that might reply.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 09:58:27 am »

Hi, rickfourgamer. Smiley

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have never had this problem. I don't know if it's because I don't (and will not) use IE in any incarnation or not, but it could be your browser. It could also be a problem with your internet connection. If you can, try using another browser, like Firefox or Chrome. Personally, I use Firefox and don't have nearly the number of problems IE gave me.

Does this happen with only this site or does it happen on others too? Another thing to try is clearing your cache, etc and scan your computer for spywar/malware. It can interfere with everything.

Definitely do a spyware scan/clean and I would definitely recommend another browser.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 09:35:59 pm »

I DO NOT advise using Chrome at all, under any circumstances, because a friend of mine was using it and got one heck of a virus from it that cost her 200 bucks to fix, PLUS compromised her banking information. The stupid thing is STILL full of security holes and has caused me, personally, system instabilities. Firefox is your best bet, in my own opinion.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 10:27:48 pm »

I'll agree with using Firefox, personally. I have friends who use Chrome and swear by it, but I couldn't stand the entire ten minutes I used it. Back to Firefox I went. You get very little spyware/malware, it's friendlier with just about every website there is and I can count the times on one hand it's given me any trouble in the three years I've used it.

rickyfourgamer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 03:20:13 am »

I actually do always clear the browser's caches and always leave Norton to fully scan the system overnight before it automaticly turns off. I will use Firefox, though, and see if it'll work.
Also, this only happens on here, Insimenator.org. Other websites, works fine when connecting.
 Thanks for the replies, also.

Update: I haved downloaded Firefox and will check if it will stop connecting. Will update soon.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 03:57:13 am by rickyfourgamer » Logged
rickyfourgamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 03:52:23 pm »

I have used Firefox many times to enter here on Insimenator.org. Not once did it stop connecting, even when just checking the home page.(Internet Explorer 9 didn't connect properly, even when it was just going to the homepage.) So it was the browser causing it. I will come back if it stops connecting, but it won't be soon.(I hope.) Thanks for the replies Caffeinated.joy and Paden!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 05:46:12 pm »

I thought it might have been IE. Glad you got it working. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: