Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 12:41:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Surrogate Parents *Closed*  (Read 9283 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2012, 05:11:22 pm »

I have a family on my game. The husband is a servo and the wife is a woman. I know you can use cheaty ways to have a child between a servo and woman, but I got to thinking... What if there were surrogate mothers? I thought that would be pretty cool for the sake of realism. Also, it would work well for homosexual couples and elder couples where in real life they couldn't make a baby together. I just thought it was a cool idea after someone suggested it for Sims 3. I thought it would be fun to have in Sims 2.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 03:59:44 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 05:40:13 pm »

You can use cheats/mods, so it kind of already exists.

As an example you could use the insim mod or the simblender (anything that has pregnancy options). Make the 'egg-carrier' have a baby with the 'sperm donor' through the mod, carry forth the baby, and change the family ties of the new father and/or mother after the baby is born. You could use the real father or mother of the baby as one of the abovementioned egg/sperm donors.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 11:57:04 am »

Well, my idea actually stemmed from BackAlleySims' (I think that's it... Not entirely sure.) hospital mod. I was thinking it could be under services and you could call for a sperm donor/surrogate mother. If it was a mother, she would live with the family who would raise the child for the duration of her pregnancy. And, it could almost be like working for a Sim-run OFB business, that way the surrogate could still be an aging playable Sim instead of a NPC. I know that's probably way too complex, as I've never done modding, but you never know.

zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 12:51:11 pm »

Perhaps suggest it over at BAS? Their modders are much more experienced with such mods.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 03:59:24 pm »

Thank you for the suggestion, Raven. Smiley I've made a thread over there in the request section. Thanks for all your help.

zombie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: