Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:03:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Frozen Lot  (Read 4202 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2012, 02:52:05 pm »

Usually when a Sim freezes unexpectedly, the norm would be to delete the Sim, save before leaving for the neighborhood, and then coming back to find the same Sim, except everything works fine. No more bugs.

This time, the freeze happened to everyone in the house, plus guests. The funny thing is, though, is that the Sims are the only ones who are frozen. All other animations (music, the fountain, T.V. etc) are working just fine. I have never had issues with this lot before, but now all 4 of the household Sims are frozen. I tried to delete them and come back to the lot, but it doesn't help things. The time is stuck, too. No time is moving forward at all. On top of that, one of the Sims is out visiting the campus and won't return, of course.

When I go to other lots and invite the boys over from the frozen lot, everything works fine. You wouldn't know there was a problem!

It's definitely the lot. So, any suggestions?

P.S. I haven't downloaded any CC for a year so I know that's not the problem.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 03:51:10 pm »

Well, some of your CC could have gotten corrupted or outdated.

First, though, have you messed with your lot in SimPE?

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 04:23:08 pm »

No, I haven't done anything in Sim PE for a couple of years.

Also, I was playing with this lot for most of yesterday and a short time today before it went crazy on me and no other lots with CC are doing that, so I'm not sure what exactly is going on.

Great pic of Castiel, by the way!

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 04:28:42 pm »

Try downloading something like the Stay things shrub to keep the items in their lot, move the family out, and stick them on another lot just to make sure they don't act up on a different lot.
If they are in fact fine, then it could be a specific object in the lot.

Also, if you have any mods, try taking them out of your downloads folder, delete your cache files, and then see if that fixes the problem.

(Thanks  Wink)

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 04:34:20 pm »

Okay, now we're just being telepathetic, lol. I just decided to do that to give it a try.

I wish it were that simple to do a mods check but I can't get to my files. I don't even have a visible desktop... long story.

But we'll see if this works.

Here's hopin...

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 04:40:30 pm »

All right. Back in business!

Actually just used the "stay at move out" shrub, saved, moved all the boys out of the frat house, then immediately moved them all back in and for some reason, that did the trick! Have to reset the frat house rep, but that's not too horrible of a chore. Just glad they're up and running again!

Thanks for your feedback.

Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 04:42:16 pm »

Good, good. ^_^

They could have just been glitchy for some reason. If it happens again, one thing you could try is turning on boolprop and seeing if it comes up with some sort of error log.
If it does, then there is definitely a problem.

But it is good that they are working again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: