Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:20:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help deciphering an error log  (Read 5840 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2012, 05:22:55 pm »

Thanks to the great computer explosion of 2011 I am relegated for the time being back to the land of Sims Lifestories.   Since it's my only option atm (not my computer) I went back to trying to understand why the welcome pack DJ booth has never worked on community lots like it was supposed to.   

The DJ booth has always worked on home lots just fine.  On community lots however when you click on the booth the option to "work as DJ" appears but quickly drops queue (error log attached) even in a game with no other CC.   I would love to finally find a way to resolve this issue.

I've wondered if comparing the booth from nightlife in simpe to this one would provide a clue but a little guidance would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who has some useful advice to offer.

* ObjectError_N001_t176.txt (62.1 KB - downloaded 471 times.)

Sims by Dasi:

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 05:30:03 pm »

It's a gift-item from EA for life-stories, if I understand you correctly?
Maybe the item itself is borky. I often seem to gave trouble with the EA gift-items.

From the top of the error log:
Error: You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it.
rolleyes That's some mouth to it...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 06:55:03 pm »

From the top of the error log:
Error: You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it.
rolleyes That's some mouth to it...

Titter yes it is.

Yes, it was a "welcome pack" gift as in welcome to Sim's Lifestories here's some crap that doesn't work.  I think it means it either conflicts with another thing in game--but it would have to be a regular game item as it happened in the game even w/o any other CC (assuming a gift item is CC). which means way to go EA.

I must have sent a dozen or more emails /tech help requests to EA back in the 2008 when I first got the game--what can I say I was new to the sims back then and naive enough to actually expect them to care. Needless to say I got no help from them and got my game running through this site and others. I had so much to discover then that I left the DJ Booth issue alone and only used it on home lots.

I would like to try and resolve it though.  Over the years I noticed that some people reported a similar issue with the DJ booth from nightlife but EA fixed that with a patch. SLS wasn't important enough to rate a patch from EA--they'd move onto on TS2 EP releases and Sims 3 pre-hype then.

You'd think they could have kicked a patch over to SLS since the booth is the same but no such luck.

Anyhoo if I could just figure out what it needs it'd be awesome.

Sims by Dasi:

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 07:18:48 pm »

It's quite possible someone at MATY managed to fix it.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 08:38:49 pm »

Did quite a few searches over there so I don't think so...if there was a fix on MATY I'm sure I'd have found it unless my fine tooth comb stopped working Wink. Issues with the Nightlife DJ booth concerning teens were addressed but not the welcome pack booth. 

The booth from SLS has the same name as the one from nightlife but alas those patches don't apply to lifestories of course. I have awesome mods in all my Sims games including lifestories. 

Thanks though. I'll keep reading up.  I know how to do a few things in simpe but for code conflicts I'd need a little tutoring.

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: