Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 03:44:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Frozen Sim  (Read 4713 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2013, 12:41:46 pm »

Now I'm having a glitch with my Sim. Darren Dreamer just won't interact with his kids! He used to not interact with anything or anyone.

At first, I tried deleting him. Nothing. I also tried to move his whole family out of the house and back in again. He finally started to interact with his wife, but his wife won't interact with him. I'll have him do menial jobs like picking up the phone or washing a dish, but he won't interact with any nursery items or his toddler boys. All the nursery items I've never had issues with with any other Sim.

I know it's not a CC issue. All my other lots with the same CC are playable and working just fine.

The interesting part is that his Plum Bob keeps flickering in and out when I select him. I'm afraid to delete that, though, because I've never done it and I'm not sure if it will come back like when you delete a Sim.

Any suggestions?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 02:23:20 pm »

CC issues can creep up, even when they haven't shown elsewhere. I would try pulling out your CC folder, just in case. If it's not the issue, then you can definitely say you know because you tried. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 02:47:48 pm »

I kind of can't do that. Computer is special. Long story.

Is there possibly anything else I can try? Like I said, all my other families and lots in the game work fine.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 09:48:44 pm »

I believe if you go to options while you're in the game, there is something under game options that says 'show custom content screen at start up' or something like that. Hit enable, and then restart your game.
Then whenever that pops up, hit disable, and restart again. That should disable all your CC, and then you can see if it works fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

ranabluu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 06:38:10 am »

The lot could have a glitch.  Have you tried moving him and the family to another lot?  Sometimes that happens not sure why.  Did you try deleting the cigen, cache, and accessory files?  This could also clear up things.  I know you said you couldn't move the cc folder because of the computer but Caffeinated.Joy does have a point about that so you could just put the download folder on the desktop run the game then add the folder back if that was possible in your case.  Not sure hope you get it working.

Sometimes you have to stop and take a moment for yourself.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 09:16:48 am »

Thanks, guys, for the advice. I'll first try to move them out and have them enter a new lot and see if this trick works. If it doesn't, I'll disable the CC at the start up menu. If disabling CC works, I'll have to figure out something new for the family themselves, seeing Darren is the only messed up Sim I have in the neighborhood.

I'll see what works and report back later.

<Many frustrating minutes later>

I would have double-posted but it gets on other people's nerves. Just wanted to let you all know the results.

I tried moving them out of the lot and into a Sims 2 original lot (no CC of any kind). He still is having interaction problems. I even took extra measure in using the "face lift" / "makeover cheat" from InSiminator just to be sure (this has sometimes worked in the past w Sims). Didn't work.

Then I went back to the beginning and tried disabling my CC from the get-go in the start-up menu. Nothing changed. I have no idea now, lol. But any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm just about to replace my old Darren with a clone. Really would like to avoid that if I can, though.

P.S. I know what caffinated.joy suggested is absolutely right. I should go in and do that with the folders but I have no way of even reaching my folders. I currently have no desktop because I believe my RAM is sucky right now. I have to get to the game through the backdoor (the little window that comes up when you hit Cntl+Alt+Shift+Delete). I really probably shouldn't be using my computer at all in this state, but I'm addicted to this game and needed a little fun.  
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:08:14 pm by kinnika » Logged

marka

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 03:45:06 pm »

It sounds like your computer has a virus and if it does you need to get it fixed asap.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 04:18:07 pm »

Well, going by what you have told us, it sounds like a hardware problem is likely interfering with your game play. In order to get to the root of what, if anything, is wrong with your game, I would suggest getting your computer fixed.

I, or someone else, may be able to help you with your computer issues, or at least tell you what specifically needs fixing.

First, what are your computer specs and what O/S are you running?
What would also help is if you could open your task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and tell me if explorer.exe is running

ETA: One more thing. Have you tried starting your computer in Safe Mode? If so, does your desktop show?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: