Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:27:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Venting, Venting and More Venting.  (Read 23786 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 10:08:13 pm »

Do you have any say at all over who comes to your house to help him? I would be on the horn with the office she comes from to complain about her and say you don't want her back, and I would do it ASAP. As you know, my nephew is autistic, so I have a point of reference. The longer you wait, the more he will backslide and the harder it will be to get him back up to where he was.

Good news about the house though! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 08:24:29 am »

I'm seriously thinking about waiting until the supervisor calls and tells me that the worker has complained (AGAIN) that she can't get the boy to work with her and then dump everything I know. The gal has asked me for suggestions and then has no intention of using them, so why I wasted my breath was way beyond me. We've tried everything from the parents leaving the two of them in the family room during their working time to us having to ride herd on them to keep him from beating on her. He plain does not like her and I've told the supervisor that and if she doesn't listen to me this time, well, I'm not without options. I can change service companies and will should the problem keep on. It's gotten to point where every time she has to work with him, she's either late or she'll call half an hour ahead of time claiming to be sick. (I don't mind, he gets more out of Sesame Street than he does working with her! And then we work with him as well, so meh!) I know the supervisor will be calling me next Monday to check up on things, and she's going to be getting an earful. Such as having them work weekends without checking with US to see if we've made other plans? Nuh uh, that don't fly.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 04:26:31 pm »

My feet hurt, due to two huge blisters on my heels. But hopefully it's the last time I have to go through that...

Anyway, I'm tired, and really happy I start late tomorrow. I really need sleep!

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 05:32:31 pm »

I am so frustrated. I can't seem to find a job no matter what I do. I'm an AWESOME office administrator/executive assistant and know any company would be lucky to have me in their office, yet here I am, with my benefits lapsed, no money coming in and my savings account almost empty. Today, I've been doing some blind calling and speaking to the RUDEST people. Half of these receptionists have lousy phone manners. They either talk too fast, treat me like my phone call is an inconvenience or are just plain rude. I had one girl hang up on me before I could even get the first question out of my mouth. I called back, because accidents happen, and she interrupted me and told me she couldn't take my call before hanging up on me again.

I am officially at my wit's end.

Oh and, also, if I apologize to someone, I certainly don't expect them to jump in and forgive me right away if they don't feel they can, but don't ignore me. At least acknowledge my apology.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 06:04:56 pm »

People like that shouldn't be working with the public and if at all able, show up there in person and speak to whomever is in charge of Human Relations at that company. Call back Monday and maybe ask to speak with someone like a manager and if all else fails, send in a written complaint about the person managing the phone on that particular day and the time of day. Also, sending snail mails complaining about the way you were treated can be quite effective. Lights a fire under the arse, so to speak. Good luck! (And no, we didn't get the loan through that particular bank, as an update to that saga. We aren't giving up and neither is the couple selling the place, they want US to get it, which is very encouraging.)

Yazoo
Don't Cry Loz

Be Yourself, Don't Let Someone Change You

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 08:47:36 pm »

Or leave their problems at the door. When I was working, my mum always told me:

"If you are having a bad day. Keep your disgusting attitude at the door, and DO not take it out on the customers. And if you don't leave it at the door, well, you can kiss your job goodbye. I hate rude people, and if the person is NOT a people person, then why they hell are they working?! EVERY job works with someone. Come on, people! Is it that hard? Can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Easy. Just sit on your lazy fat ass, and get no where in life. OR be respectful, even if the customer is being a complete jerk. Just bite your tongue, and when the day is over. Cuss and vent. And you'll feel a lot better. Because not only will you have a job at the end of the day. But you will also, have the satisfaction, that you never stooped down to their level."

AS for my vent. I hate when people ignore me. I send them a message, or whatever. Now, I know they might be busy. But sheesh! Don't ignore me. Its either a yes or a no. Or it is:

"Sorry, I don't think I have the time."

But to straight up ignore someone. Now, that is just down right rude. >.<

"But... The Planet doesn't approve of that at all. It's doing everything it can to hold us back. That's why it's racking our bodies with pain and filling our hearts with doubt. Now, I should heal you. We will join as a family and strike back at the planet!"-Kadaj

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 11:43:35 am »

Those are the ones you carry a big stick for. Not advocating violence, but just having the stick can make you feel better. Oh yeah, feeling feisty on a Monday just rocks, you know?

Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 12:33:50 pm »

What really irritates me, is how Facebook is becoming a live-action soap opera where a lot of my friends -all of them legal adults- act like teenage brats in high school.

“OMG my life sucks!” Then why did you brag about how things were so great five minutes ago?
“FML nobody likes me!” So why do you have several hundred friends, and constantly post about hanging with your BFF?
“Oh, boo hoo, I’m so ugly!” Yeah, that's why you have 500-something pics of yourself.

SERIOUSLY GUYS, STOP WHINING FOR ATTENTION.  rolleyes

"You are what you love, not who loves you..."
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 01:00:13 pm »

People who post pics of their food on Face, and not just their good-looking food, but any food they eat.

Cakes are alright (good-looking, awesome ones, mind). So is "awesome" food that actually looks good and inviting.

But... plain old cheese sandwiches that looks like something yellow died on top of a toast? Today's breakfast (something like cereal and a glass of juice, or two pieces of bread with whatever you've got in your refridgerator that day)? Today's dinner (that looks like something you've scraped off the bottom of a pan)? Yeaaaa... NO!!!! Not the least bit interested!

Too bad I've got at least two spammers (and even worse that they're good friends or family members, so I can't exactly unfriend them)...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:06:42 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 02:00:09 pm »

People who post pics of their food on Face, and not just their good-looking food, but any food they eat.

Cakes are alright (good-looking, awesome ones, mind). So is "aweesome" food that actually looks good and inviting.

But... plain old cheese sandwiches that looks like something yellow died on top of a toast? Today's breakfast (something like cereal and a glass of juice, or two pieces of bread with whatever you've got in your refridgerator that day)? Today's dinner (that looks like something you've scraped off the bottom of a pan)? Yeaaaa... NO!!!! Not the least bit interested!

Too bad I've got at least two spammers (and even worse that they're good friends or family members, so I can't exactly unfriend them)...
Exactly!! I post pics of my kitchen creations - because cooking is a challenge for me at times, and I'm proud of it. Steak topped with onions, beside grilled asparagus? YES. A piece of cinnamon toast? Why bother?

I get so annoyed when people get on there judging/criticizing others. Nobody is perfect, EVERYONE has a past. So instead of judging others why not offer guidance & support. It's much much more productive then getting on FB to talk about it.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 02:14:51 pm »

Someone I knew loves to bake cakes, but isn't exactly a master confectioner... I'm really not interested in seeing regular cake bottoms topped with icing and toys from their kids' toybox. If you want to top the cake with something and feel proud enough to show it off, it better be home-made.

People think they're oh-so-social when they post every single minute of their lives on there, but instead they just become the "annoying neighbor" chit-chatting over the fence (you know, the good old days when you had to pay for every minute you talked on the phone, and the phone was actualy stuck to the wall in some form. Or even before that). Only now absolutely everyone will know what they ate for dinner, did with their kids on a plain old regular Monday evening, or watched on TV.

What's the point?

My site:

Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 02:27:01 pm »

Only now absolutely everyone will know what they ate for dinner, did with their kids on a plain old regular Monday evening, or watched on TV.
Well, duh! How else are you going to inform 547 fake friends that you just took a poop? Tongue

I cannot stand 'l33t sp33k'. T@1king lyk dis does not make you cool, neither does tlkng lk thz. It just makes people want to slap you with a dictionary.

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 08:54:32 pm »

I can't seem to find a job for the life of me. At last guess, I sent out...erm...80-ish applications for all sorts of places. Wanna know how many interviews I've gotten so far? None. How many callbacks even requesting an interview or a polite rejections have I got? None. It's quite humiliating really. My situation annoys me so much that I had one of my more brilliant/absurd moneymaking ideas today: For a small fee per minute, I'd hold a conversation with you about anything. File that alongside selling ad space on my clothing and getting someone to sponsor my social media accounts for stupid/possibly genius ideas.

I also can't seem to get the first page or so of my debut novel going. I feel like once I write it out a bit, the rest'll come easily. It's the getting the ball rolling that irks me.

Self-image. Mine's not stellar. About the only thing about me I like is my hair, simply because it's low maintnence and yet looks great no matter what. This particular problem isn't helped by my parent's recent marital issues, which do actually seem to concern me and my so-called "lack of ambition." This isn't me blaming myself for anything, it's the honest truth as learned by overhearing their arguements.

People. I prefer talking to people like this to actual face to face contact. I don't particularly like crowds and go out of my way to avoid them as much as possible.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 01:27:12 am »

I can't seem to find a job for the life of me. At last guess, I sent out...erm...80-ish applications for all sorts of places. Wanna know how many interviews I've gotten so far? None. How many callbacks even requesting an interview or a polite rejections have I got? None. It's quite humiliating really. My situation annoys me so much that I had one of my more brilliant/absurd moneymaking ideas today: For a small fee per minute, I'd hold a conversation with you about anything. File that alongside selling ad space on my clothing and getting someone to sponsor my social media accounts for stupid/possibly genius ideas.

I feel  your pain, Stelio. I was unemployed from Feb 2012 through to July 2013 and spent from February of this year until July without a penny to my name. I have over 25 years of work experience, yet getting an interview was like winning the lottery. Happy to say I finally got hired on by someone and it really does feel like it was meant to be. Job hunting just plain SUCKS and I seriously don't understand how so many employers can demand degrees for even a mail clerk position or expect to pay minimum wage to someone doing the job of three people. It really is humiliating and going through the demeaning process of looking for work really does nothing but make you feel like a big, fat zero. My self confidence took a major hit. I hope you find something soon.

THIS! I have a friend I had to take off my news feed on FB because every day, no less than five times per day, there would be a photo of what they were eating and/or drinking, even if it was plain buttered toast.

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2013, 04:53:36 pm »

THIS! I have a friend I had to take off my news feed on FB because every day, no less than five times per day, there would be a photo of what they were eating and/or drinking, even if it was plain buttered toast.

Ugh. I've had to do the same with several of my friends as well. "Oh hey, look! I'm eating an apple! Here's a thousand pictures of it!"

...just one of the many reasons FB drives me nuts some days.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: