Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:26:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3 baby genetics for Sims 2  (Read 2112 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Illyaria

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2013, 09:52:09 pm »

I am going back to sims 2 from sims 3. It just isn't doing it for me. I haven't played in forever. The only feature I will miss is the passing down of genetics. Is there something like that for the sims 2? Like how some skins are dominate and your child just gets that. You know like a real randomization of the parents.
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:57:56 am »

Sims 2 does pass skintones genetically. However there are no dominate or recessive. The skintone a child inherits is randomly chosen from those of the parents. Multiple children from the same parents may even have different skintones.

Each Sim in Sims2 carries two skintones in their character file. If the Sim was generated in CAS, then these are identical. Otherwise, depending on the Sim's parents' skintones, they may be different.

A simple example...We'll assume that the Sim's displayed skintone is always the first of the pair.
Parents A and B are CAS-generated. Parent A was created with a Light skintone. Parent B was created with a Tan skintone.
Parent A has Light/Light ; Parent B has Tan/Tan.

A child of A & B will randomly get one skintone from Parent A which will be Light (since A was Light/Light) and randomly get one skintone from Parent B which will be Tan (since B was Tan/Tan). The game will then randomly select which of those two will become the child's displayed skintone. So the child could be Light (Light/Tan) or it could be Tan (Tan/Light).

A more complicated example...Again, we'll assume that the Sim's displayed skintone is always the first of the pair.
A child of Light/Tan (Parent 1) and Dark/Alien (Parent 2) could be any of the four skintones (Light, Tan, Dark, or Alien). There are 8 possible combinations of skintones the child may have. Light/Dark, Light/Alien, Tan/Dark, Tan/Alien, Dark/Light, Dark/Tan, Alien/Light and Alien/Tan.

So in-game born Sims in Sims 2 do get their displayed skintone genetically just not very predictably.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 09:36:06 am »

If the parents are light/light and dark/dark, the children could get any skins between light and dark. The game chooses randomly between the genetic values.

Also remember custom skintones, which behave otherwise. They (as long as they're straight from Bodyshop) are always dominant. Custom1 + custom1 = custom1
Custom2 + custom1 = custom1 or custom2
Custom + default = custom
Default + custom = custom

However, if they're geneticized or townified the whole thing becomes even more complicated.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: