Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:34:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Mesh Rquest for a Star Wars Helmet(s) (Offering Compensation/Payment)  (Read 5809 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ZeonZumDeikun

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2013, 09:38:55 pm »

Greetings! I have a request that I thought I'd post. I'm aware that it's fairly unlikely that this request will be taken up, and understandably so, but I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a shot, right?
This is something (well, more than one "something", but I'll get to those later) I've been trying to work on by myself for quite some time-- over a year in fact-- but I just can't seem to do it, mainly because I can't create a decent 3D model to save my life. I can draw and create textures, sure, but an actual model? Well, if my life depended on it... I would probably not survive. Heh.
So I'm posting here in hopes that maybe someone might find this project interesting and be willing to give it a go. Again, it's worth a shot, never hurts to ask. Right?
I don't usually like to post and ask people for help with things as I don't want to bother anybody unless I absolutely can't do it myself and can't find any other solutions. As much as I'd like to do it myself, and not bother anyone, this is one of those "can't do it myself, can't find another solution" times, unfortunately...

The helmet(s) are for a fan project I've been working on for a while. If there would be anyone willing to do the helmet(s), be it just the one helmet or all three, I would be in your debt. You would also be my hero for life, and doesn't everyone want that? Tongue
I am also offering compensation for all three, which I will describe below.

Alright, enough of my rambling. This request actually consists of three mesh requests that all relate to each other, but the first one is the most important one to me, and if I only got that one I would be happy. The other two would simply be icing on the nerd cake. All three are helmets from the original Star Wars trilogy (primarily Return of the Jedi). Preferably, these meshes would be made as accessories for adult male and female TS2 Sims, and would, hopefully, be able to be equipped along with other accessories. Also, I'm only asking for the mesh, you don't need to worry about the texture image part of it, I can make that.  

The most important one to me is the helmet below. It's called a "B-wing pilot helmet".
For this helmet I've got a whole bunch of pictures, but I'll only post a few to save space and then link to a gallery with more. If a mesh-maker needs more images that will not be a problem because I have two of the helmets. I have two of the "real" helmets-- three if you count one that I haven't put together yet-- and are helmets created from the molds that were used for the movie, so I can take more pictures of anything that's needed.

And here are some pictures (these are my helmets, which I'm using here because I have pictures of all sides)...

More...
Silver helmet:
-Front
-Back
-Right
-Left

White helmet:
-Front
-Back
-Right
-Left

Here's a gallery of mine with even more images-- too many to post here...
http://s55.beta.photobucket.com/user/Gankutsuou_2006/library/Blue%20Leader/Costume%20Projects/B-Wing%20Pilot

Here is a picture for size reference. It's a picture of me in my costume, and as much as I hate this picture, it's pretty good for judging the size (note: the visor/face shield should be covering my eyes more. I made that one and it didn't turn out very well; I need to make another)...
Thanks G4 TV

The pictures above are just to show the finished helmet. I know that the mesh for TS2 can not be that detailed, and the wires would be next to impossible, and that's just fine with me-- and honestly, most of those details are things I could put on the texture image and it would look just fine. I know that the chin strap would also be rather difficult, so that can be left off as well, I don't mind.
I would be quite happy with something somewhat similar to this...
-Side

The helmet can be simplified some, that's okay with me, and it doesn't have to look exactly like that. As long as it looks somewhat similar and gives the idea of what it's supposed to be that's okay with me, but I'm not asking anyone to spend hours studying the pictures to make it look as accurate as possible. Simplify away (again, as long as it still moderately resembles the helmet).

I do have a few requests for this helmet, though. Hopefully these are nothing major, and if they are too difficult they don't have to be added. These are just something that would be nice to have on the helmet but are not required.
1. A microphone from the right side. It doesn't have to look exactly like the one I showed above on my helmets.
2. A round "disc" on the right side, similar to what I showed above, but it doesn't need the holes/vents, of course.
3. A visor/face shield, or whatever you wish to call it, though it doesn't have to look exactly like the one on my helmet. It would be great if this visor/face shield had a texture image applied to it (a texture image and an alpha image) so I could easily change the color and transparency of the face shield as I needed. But if the image part would be too difficult, making it like a pair of glasses would work, too. Here is another example of this piece.
4. A piece on the front for the edging (as you see on the helmets above-- one has black edging on the front, the other has red-brown edging).
5. If possible (and I'm not sure if this is for an accessory) could a bump map/texture map be added to it, so I could give it some simulated definition?
6. If it is possible I would like to be able to texture either side (left and right) of the helmet differently-- that is, so the texture of one side doesn't simply duplicate itself on the other side. I would like to be able to make both sides look a little different. If this is possible, anyway.

Again, I'm just asking for the mesh, I can make the image texture myself.

As a "thank-you" for the work on the mesh, if anyone does it, I would be willing to send you the matching set of clothes I made for this pilot outfit, and even the walls I made (so it looks like the character is sitting in the correct cockpit). I made the clothing for male and female adult Sims, though if you do want them you will need a custom mesh for the male outfit. If you want I would also be more than happy to add your name (real, username or both) to the credits of my fan project once it's finished.

That helmet, the B-wing pilot helmet, is the most important one to me. However, as I mentioned, there are two others, if anyone would be interested in taking up the challenge. If someone is willing to make all three meshes I would be happy to trade you all of the matching outfits and walls (and even the X-wing and TIE fighter pilot so you'd have a whole set), and/or I would be willing to pay you for your time, work and effort. I know that these meshes take time and can be frustrating, and I understand that very well, and in compensation I would be willing to pay you for them for a fee that can be determined privately. Being the broke college student that I am I couldn't pay a lot of money, but I am willing to pay something fair. I'm not one to take things for free.

The other two helmets are an A-wing pilot helmet and a Y-wing pilot helmet. I can gather more images for them if required. Again, these meshes can also be simplified, though I do ask for a microphone on them as well, and the bump map/texture map if possible, as well as the face shield/visor on the Y-wing pilot helmet (which can either have an image texture and alpha image applied to it-- preferably-- or can be like a pair of glasses), and to be able to texture the left and right sides differently if possible. Again, these would be accessories for male and female adult Sims.

A-wing pilot helmet:

(These are rather large images so I'll just link them. Sorry about that.)
-Front
-Right 1
-Right 2
-Left 1
-Left 2
-Left 3
-Back

Gallery 1: http://s55.beta.photobucket.com/user/Gankutsuou_2006/library/Costume%20References/Star%20Wars/Pilots/A-wing%20Pilot
Gallery 2: http://s16.beta.photobucket.com/user/msbillen/library/Rebel%20Pilots/A-Wing%20Pilots
Please don't add the round "pits" on the sides-- where the helmet is cut in on the front sides... I'm not sure what to call that...
Also, despite how some pictures don't show it, the helmet should have the top "shield" part to it.

Y-wing pilot helmet:

-Front
-Right
-Left
-Back

Gallery 1: http://s55.beta.photobucket.com/user/Gankutsuou_2006/library/Costume%20References/Star%20Wars/Pilots/Y-wing%20Pilot
Gallery 2: http://http://s16.beta.photobucket.com/user/msbillen/library/Rebel%20Pilots/Y-Wing%20Pilots

And, after my long-winded post, that's all. If anyone would be willing to make one or more of the helmet meshes it would be very much appreciated!
Thank you for your time!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:16:28 pm by ZeonZumDeikun » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 10:14:10 pm »

Well, I certainly can't accuse you for not being being descriptive enough. Wink  Star Wars

Regarding, payment, we are strictly a FREE site here and anything done here is on a volunteer basis. I understand you are simply trying to offer incentive, but, as we state in our site rules, we are not here to help anyone make any income and no one here, whether they are staff or helpful members, receive payment of any kind beyond the community's appreciation. There are plenty of sites who make money and will happily accept payment (T$R, for one); we are not one. Please understand, if anyone does this for you, it will be for free.

Thank you.

On a side note, you might want to check your links, as they don't seem to be redirecting to anything. 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ZeonZumDeikun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 12:42:25 pm »

Well, I certainly can't accuse you for not being being descriptive enough. Wink  Star Wars

Regarding, payment, we are strictly a FREE site here and anything done here is on a volunteer basis. I understand you are simply trying to offer incentive, but, as we state in our site rules, we are not here to help anyone make any income and no one here, whether they are staff or helpful members, receive payment of any kind beyond the community's appreciation. There are plenty of sites who make money and will happily accept payment (T$R, for one); we are not one. Please understand, if anyone does this for you, it will be for free.

Thank you.

On a side note, you might want to check your links, as they don't seem to be redirecting to anything.  

Yeah, I realized that this was a free site, but I know how much of a pain 3D modeling can be, so I thought offering some sort of payment or compensation was only fair... and maybe might even be an incentive to attempt the "project", heh heh... But free is always good, too.  Grin
That's why I also offered to trade the outfits I made, if the creator would want them. I figured that they may want the clothing items to go along with the helmets, too... But I can do whatever works.

I've actually already tried over on TSR and Garden of Shadows without much luck. I tried GoS over a month ago now, and TSR about two weeks ago, but didn't come up with anything. Not even one single reply. Heh.

And thanks for mentioning the links, I didn't notice that. I forgot that I moved those images to a different folder to organize them better...

Edit: The links should be fixed and working now. Weird, something really got screwed up when I copied-and-pasted the links to here the first time... All of them had double HTTP: added to them, some had periods where they shouldn't have... strange. And, of course, me moving the images in my album to another folder and forgetting to update the links in the post didn't help much, either. Tongue
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:21:01 pm by ZeonZumDeikun » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 01:32:31 pm »

Well, it could take a while for someone to pick this up because it is a sizable project. Just taking  on one item from your list could take some time, so all I can do is suggest patience, as hard as it might be. Obviously, you understand the effort, and realize this is a hobby done in everyone's free time. Often, I'll see a request filled without anyone ever coming in to say "I'll do it for you." They'll just do and make a thread in our Downloads area. So, again, try to be patient and keep an eye out for something to be uploaded.

In the meantime, have you looked at MTS? They have a ton of Star Wars content and there may be something you could use.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ZeonZumDeikun

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 12:03:05 am »

Yeah, I understand that it is a fairly hefty project, though I'm fine with things being simplified and made easier so long as it has a somewhat similar shape. I don't expect anyone to sit around for hours and hours staring at a picture trying to get a certain tiny angle of the bottom of the back edge correctly or something; things can be simplified, blocked-out, what-have-you. I'd also be happy with just one of the helmets-- especially the B-wing pilot as I mentioned in the first post-- or anything else, really. Heh...

I have no problem with being patient, either. In fact, I tried posting something like this (though it was only one helmet) about two or three years ago without any success, and since then I've been trying to make them myself (between other projects). However, despite about two years of college classes in Maya I still can't make a 3D model to save my soul.
I figured that it wouldn't hurt to give it another go and ask and see what happens.

I have looked through MTS various times as well as any other TS2 download site I could find, and even Google, but haven't really found anything remotely similar. I have downloaded every Star Wars object I could find-- I couldn't resist-- but most of the Star Wars things are decorations and what-not, not much in the line Body Shop content other than things like robes and shirts. Even general helmets of any type, even not related to Star Wars, seem to be few and far between. I did once find a motorcycle helmet on a different site that was passable for the Y-wing pilot helmet, though it was a type of hair instead of an accessory, and only a male version existed. If nothing else I can fall back on that one, though the other two (especially something similar to the B-wing pilot helmet) have eluded me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: