Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:40:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No food  (Read 3989 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
wschneid
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2013, 03:34:17 pm »

i have noticed recently that in Pleasantville the sims are not able to eat a snack. They get it from the fridge, but then turn and the food disappears. In the University dorm, sims cannot get food from the counter. They pick it up and then it disappears. I have heard of a hack that will detect conflicts. Where can i get it.

W. Schneider
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 03:40:08 pm »

If you have hacks in a separate folder (which you should), try to pull out this and see if the problem corrects. If it does, try the 50-50 method with the hacks (or any of the other methods - moving out spesific food mods is one of the things you should try to do first).

It's often much more reliable than the hack conflict detectors (they tend to react to harmless mods that touch the same functions but really work along each other without creating troubles).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
wschneid
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:00:36 am »

Thanks. I'll try it.

wschneid
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 10:48:16 am »

HCDU is available from SimWardrobe http://www.simwardrobe.com under Programs.

I have the opposite view -- Once you've resolved as many hack conflicts as possible with your game functioning the way you want, it's easy to recognize new conflicts and just resolve those.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:30:13 am »

I have one caveat for using the HCDU. It's a great tool, but keep in mind it doesn't find guaranteed conflicts. What it does is notify you of which mods will alter the same behavior and, as such, may conflict. It's a good starting point, but just remember there will be times when what it lists work just fine together. There can also be times when it doesn't find any possible conflicts when there clearly is one.

So, if you do use the HCDU, test the mods it has listed and pull them out. If your game runs fine, then you've discovered your conflict and you'll have to pick which of the conflicting mods you want to keep and which you want to discard. If your game is still not working right, then you have a conflict you'll have to dig out via the 50/50 method.

Edit: Oh, and just as an addition, there are three subfolders I will ALWAYS have in my DL folder. One is "New" and the other is "Mods & Hacks" and the third is "Default Replacements". All new cc goes into the "New" subfolder until I know it's working fine. If some mesh ends up mucking things up, I know to look in my new stuffAll mods/hacks go into the Mods & Hacks and, because it's so easy to forget what default replacements you have, I have all my replacements in their own subfolder, for the simple reason you can only have one default replacement of each type (one for eyes, one for skin, etc). If I find a new default replacement I like better, it's easier to find the one I have and remove it. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:46:38 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
wschneid
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 04:48:21 pm »

Thanks. I got it fixed. It was a serve food in better location hack

wschneid
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: