Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:29:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 3059 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
turquoisesweeti

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2013, 05:53:40 pm »

I actually joined back in August 09, but I've been gone a while. Needed to purge my content before I downloaded and I always find something to download, can't help myself. That was tedious and I took months doing it (More fun to play instead). Then my computer died, I got a new/used laptop and my disk drive died and I don't know where to get those things that allow you to play without a disk. Then my husband Frankensteined us a new desktop, but for some crazy reason it only recognizes three disks and then stops completely. This is an issue because my base game has FOUR disks. So I still can't play until I figure something out. This is all very boring talk, I know. Either way I recommended your site to my sister-in-law as a good one and thought I'd see if my login was still valid.   Apparently there have been major changes while I've been gone, to say the least. I saw some screenshots and the gist I'm getting is that it's not owned by the owners I knew or the guys who came after them? Am I right? Anywho, I'm not sure how much has changed elsewhere and she's very new (downloaded her first mesh today) so I'm not sure she'd be able to find her way around currently. I guess I'll figure it out one way or another. I missed the site, even if I was always more of a lurker. I'm not a big talker, more of a nod and smile type.

Cori

Edit: Actually I think I may have been here longer, since I remember re-registering once because my account had been deleted due to inactivity or something. I'm just not sure how much longer.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:20:42 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 06:33:21 pm »

Hello and welcome back. Smiley

Yes, there was a lot of drama a few years back, but we overcame it and ended up better for it in the end. The reader's digest version:

K & E, out of the blue, decided to sell the site to one profit-mongering fellow, Walt, without discussing it with their members, or more importantly, us (her staff), who had been working their virtual backsides off keeping the site running while they had disappeared for months and months on end. In the meantime, we discovered our donations were going to pay their mortgage and not, as they said to us, going toward site fees and server costs. Walt introduced the idea of subscriptions and paying the staff a stipend, and the revolt began. We grabbed everything and ran, leaving Walt with a expensive, empty site, and set up shop here. Now, the site really doesn't have an owner, per se; we (being the site Admins and staff) run the place together, with a couple of us taking a more active position in administering the site and what not.

You'll find this place a lot less laggy and friendlier. Again, welcome back.

Your problem with the disk could be caused by a scratch. If you have a disk repair/cleaning kit, then try it. I don't think they're too expensive, if you don't have one.

If you or your sister-in-law have any questions, don't be afraid to post for help.

Now, just as a note, you'll see I've patched your two posts together. In the future we'd like it if you used the  "Edit" button to modify your post and refrain from replying to yourself unless at least 24 hours have passed.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 05:53:58 am »

Welcome back!
Simply Simful
Creator Of Beautiful Sims
Site Santa!

I Love Creating!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 08:10:14 pm »

Welcome Back!!!  Hug2

Today is a gift and tomorrow is not promised to anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: