Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:44:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: kids and teens coming home with adults after work  (Read 13761 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 09:58:25 pm »

My apologies. The ghost wasn't haunting? It came home from work with your Sim each day for days on end? That would be a problem.  shocked

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
LilSister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 10:49:00 pm »

You can stop ghosts from visiting simply by placing their urn/headstone in a Sim's inventory (or by deleting it). Ghosts only materialize if their urn or headstone is placed physically on the lot somewhere. Good luck with your other issue.

Not a good idea to keep headstones or urns in Sims inventory for extended periods of time. Doing so has the potential to corrupt your game. It is best to move them to a permanent resting place and leave them there.
Chris Hatch

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 12:39:48 am »

This thread reminded me that I have a sim that always brings the same sim home from work so I took a good look to see what's going on. I have good news and bad news, the good news is there is nothing wrong with your game, it is not caused by cc (which of coarse you already know), the offending sim is a hobby friend and is supposed to come home with your sim every night. The bad news is that you will not be able to stop/fix it without cc.
The hobby friend's Nid is held by your sim in semi-attribute 0x0023 (35) which is never cleared. When your sim returns from work if she/he has a hobby friend assigned then that sim is used. The job globals never check that the sim is still valid, they just blindly use it.
To fix it you simply need to clear your sim's semi-attribute 0x0023, to do that you will need to download, install and use an item. I have placed an item on box.net for you, it is not zipped or rared so you can simply download and use it as is. It's a clone of the napkin holder from nightlife and found in the same place in the catalog (Decorative / Sculptures). It will just one option, "Remove My Annoying Friend" and that is only available to a sim that has a hobby friend assigned, once used there should be no options available which comfirms it worked. The item (CJH-FixHobbyFriend.package) contains no game overrides at all and is perfectly safe to use.
https://www.box.com/s/2bj7onw2bckdjd9orfcd
If you have no cc then it is most likely you don't have a Downloads folder so you will need to create one to put the file into and enable custom content in your game before you can use it. Once you have used it you can delete it from the lot, save and exit your game and remove it from your downloads folder if you like. Perhaps keep it somewhere safe for when it happens again.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:46:06 am by Chris Hatch » Logged
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 02:36:18 am »

wow...thank you soooooo much...you are the first person to explain what is happening....I knew it was a hobby friend but didn't realize it was supposed to come home with them every single night....I don't use cc and that zip and rar files are messing me up...this last week did some downloading like an idiot and it messed my game up so bad I had to do another factory restore and am just now getting everyone out of the bins....

It took me 3 yrs but have finally given up on the fact that I will never have cc in my game....all the cool things that can be downloaded and played with Sims2 are just going to have to be looked at when I read everyone's stories and look at the pics...and am content with that now lol....

so you are saying that this thing I need is not a zip or rar and it is easy to download....also how do I make a folder for it....need a step by step on this or I will just mess it up again....never really learned how to download things....and at this point am afraid that if I download anything I will just have to do another factory restore...the reason I do factory restores is because I am not sure where everything is that has been downloaded have looked and deleted files from certain days that I know I downloaded things but my game never is the same until I do that restore...I have even tried going back like a week and restoring but that never works for me either

thank you for your help... Grin
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 03:23:59 pm »

Chris Hatch I did the download and made a file put it in there but not sure what to do next....am just about in tears...I hate downloading things am so computer stupid it is unreal......how do I know if I did it right or not....after your first paragraph I got lost...lol

thanks for your help
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 04:23:12 pm »

I'll try to answer based upon what Chris wrote in his post.

1 - after downloading his object (a package file), place the package file in your Sims2 Downloads folder. Your game should not be running when you do this.
2 - start your game and go to the lot where the friend constantly accompanies your Sim home from work is and purchase the new napkin holder clone which represents the object Chris made. It should be found in the Decorative / Sculptures section within Buy mode.
3 - place the object on the lot somewhere and have your Sim click on it. You should see the option "Remove my Annoying Friend". Choose that option. That should be all it takes. If your Sim clicks on the object again, that option should be gone meaning that it has performed its task.
4 - Your Sim should no longer have that friend come home with him the next day.

If you have any problems doing this, don't fret. Just ask. Someone will try to help.

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 11:45:30 pm »

I finally got the folder made and then I left clicked on it and slid it in the Double Deluxe folder did I do that right???..then I went into my game and the cc popped up enable cc with that folder I made in it so got that far then I played the game for a few hours and that person never came back with her...I forgot about the new napkin holder....ok so does that annoying sim have to be there when they click on the holder??... Can it be used more than once and for the whole household or is it a one time thing and has to be bought every single time???

thank u HobbesED, and Chris for all your help...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 04:09:57 am »

As long as you don't remove the file or delete the napkin holder, the mod is available in that household.  It will only be available to use if you have a hobby friend come home with you.  If the hobby friend isn't on the lot and you can always try it. 
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 08:54:28 am »

I finally got the folder made and then I left clicked on it and slid it in the Double Deluxe folder did I do that right???..then I went into my game and the cc popped up enable cc with that folder I made in it so got that far

That sounds like you handled it perfectly!

Next time you are in the game, you should see if the napkin holder is there in Decorative - Sculptures within Buy Mode just to verify that it did install. Go ahead and buy it and place it on the lot somewhere.

From what Chris described, it works only on an individual Sim. So you should try having each Sim in your household click on it. If no option displays then they don't have the annoying hobby friend. If the option does display, then the Sim should click on the option and that should fix it for that Sim.

ok so does that annoying sim have to be there when they click on the holder??... Can it be used more than once and for the whole household or is it a one time thing and has to be bought every single time???

Since what Chris is correcting is within your Sim's data, I don't believe the friend has to be on the lot. Also, it should be able to be used whenever an annoying friend appears. I don't believe you need to buy it each time. But if you have two different Sims on the lot each with their own annoying friend, then each of your Sims would have to click it separately.

Let us know how you fare.

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 10:27:04 am »

I did buy it there was 2 of them and one had the cc logo so I figured that was the one I needed...I tried to just clicked on it and it and I couldn't so I shift and clicked on it and it said force error so I am guessing my sim didn't have that annoying sim anymore...may buy that thing for every household just to be prepared since for some reason all my households sooner or later have this problem..can't wait to try it out....mmmmm I am wondering if it works on ghosts lol.....or even that stupid cow in college...I won't kill off an annoying sim just to see if that thing works on the ghosts though lol....

thanks again for everyone's help..
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 10:48:22 am »

I'd say it only works on hobby sims.
To keep the cow away, or any sim of any manner, TwoJeff's Visitor Controller is probably the best mod available (www.simbology.com)
Ghosts are another being though.  Make a community lot and move gravestones to the newly created cemetery.  Or lay a foundation in the back corner of your lot, no stairs, and place the gravestone at least one square from the edges. 
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 02:00:28 pm »

no ancienthighway what I was saying on the ghosts is the first time I had the problem on annoying sims coming home day in and out I killed it and took the headstone and automatically sent it to a cemetery...but the next day the ghost showed up and kept coming back...so was wondering if I ever killed the annoying sim again (which I will never do again) lol if that thing would work on the annoying sims ghost...was just thinking out loud...as for that stupid cow I just stick it in the back corner of my lot and put a fence around it and ignore it...it either lives forever there lol or it dies and I send the headstone to a cemetery...

I have the issue I think under control I hope...can't wait to use that holder and see what happens...

thanks everyone for your help 
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 05:16:35 pm »

I think it should work on any annoying hobby friend brought with your Sim, even a ghost. From what Chris said once the hobby friend is assigned by the game, no further checking of whether the Sim is valid or not is done. That is probably a bug. And that would explain why you had the annoying ghost since it was the ghost of the hobby friend that had the "accident" which killed him. Chris's fix should take care of that should it happen again.

I'm glad you finally got it under control and that Chris was able to figure out what was going on.

And hey.... you even got a piece of CC in your game and it worked! It's just a small step now to put additional CC in if you want to try that. Smiley

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 07:33:00 pm »

I am not going to test the ghost theory lol....had major storms here so haven't played in the last few hrs going in to test this thing here in a few before the next set of storms Sad...

ya finally got a cc in my game but that wasn't the rar or zip things...I found that almost everything is either rar or zip and that is a whole lot harder than just the download that I have taken several days to work out lol....i don't know maybe one of these days may try it again...shaking my head I guess I haven't learned my lesson yet on downloading...just don't want to have to go through another factory restore..I should just be thankful my brothers gf got me hooked on Sims2 lol  Grin and be happy with what I have been playing with in the game....

UPDATE: well since I had that holder only one person has come home with my sims and it just came one time....so that means that holder is working yayayaya...finally after 4 yr I am annoying friend free....thank u sooooo much Chris.... YAY

UPDATE: I used the holder for the first time today...Rose Greenman brought home the ninja and I was able to click on the holder and it worked...the ninja didn't go home with her the next day...whenever they bring someone home I try and click on the holder to see if they are hobby friends but most of the time they aren't and nobody has come home a second time since the holder...sooo happy Cheesy

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:20:17 pm by broomhilda » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: