Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:50:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega College Pack help  (Read 5022 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
devylzangyl

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2013, 03:19:27 am »

Can I use something other than Sim Blender and the Insimenator to use this? Can I use the Sim Manipulator? Please help?  huh
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 05:16:40 am »

It could be lack of sleep on my part...but...could you please be more specific abut what you need? Thanks

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 11:53:28 am »

I don't think you can, since it is made to run with Insim, then I think you have to use it with that. Why can't you use the insim?

@Joy, Squinge's mega college pack is what they're talking about. It says you have to use it with the insimenator.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 12:20:56 pm »

*facepalm* Yep, I got that now (after getting a few hours sleep - not quality, but sleep, anyway). Lack of sleep will do it every time.

devylzangyl, I'm guessing, is wary of using the Insim mod because of the "unsupported" warning. Yes, it's unsupported, but many people have used it without issue. As Dullahan stated, Squinge made the mod to work with Insim, so this is one of those things you will just have to make a judgement call on. If it's a big concern, then just be sure to back up your game before you install either mod. It not likely you'll need it, but having a current back up is never a bad idea. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
devylzangyl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 07:02:26 pm »

Oh ok. Yes, I am afraid of using Insim. I just started playing again and I really didn't want to kill game. But if it's not causing any problems, I would like to go back to using Insim instead of the other two. But I'll back up my game and see how it goes. Tnanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it.
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 08:39:37 pm »

As far as I know, InSim's safe to use up to ...erm...some time around Apartment Life or the expansion pack before it.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 10:11:41 pm »

As far as I can tell, the only reason for Insim would be to have access to some of the uni related cheats.  When I was playing around with Squinge's mod to decide whether I wanted it in my game or not, I never used Insim for anything.  I'm not even sure if I had it in my game.
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 11:49:53 pm »

I can vouch that the Insimenator (DEST version) works without issues through the FreeTime (next-to-last) EP. I simply haven't played enough with Apartment Life (the last EP) to vouch for it with AL.

I use it mostly for convenience sake - for adding the Wardrobe Menu to each Sim so they can quickly change attire without going to a dresser, for makeovers and facelifts without having to use a mirror or cosmetic station, for changing Sims' names, for adding the Selectable Menu to each Sim for storytelling and picture taking ease, for buying new clothing without going downtown, and things like that.

Yes, there are other mods or cheats which do those same things but the Insimenator does what I need and has never caused my game any problems nor has it ever conflicted with anything else I've added.

Not to mention that I've grown accustomed to it having used it since it was first developed way back in the dark ages and don't want to change when it still works.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: