Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:28:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lots won't load!!  (Read 2505 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Datblkricanboi

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2013, 04:13:18 pm »

Well I started my game up everything was running smooth and then I go to click a family lot and It took over a hour to load I started my game over and tried It with another lot and again  It still wouldn't load I even waited more than a hour this time, I ran the HCD there weren't even any serious conflicts what else can I do??   huh

"I just wanna be successful"
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:23:16 pm »

You can try deleting your groups.cache file (in the root directory of The Sims 2). That can resolve a variety of issues. And no need to worry - the game rebuilds it as needed so deleting the file won't hurt a thing.

Then there is the usual thing to try of removing your Downloads folder to determine if some piece of Custom Content is causing the problem. If the lot loads without CC, then you've narrowed it down and can gradually figure out the culprit as you swap CC in and out of your Downloads folder.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 11:26:12 pm »

Two warnings: Make a back up first and do not save any lots with missing CC while doing the divide and conquer.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: