Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:20:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you reset neighborhood in Sims 2 Seasons?  (Read 3192 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ktara

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2013, 03:08:52 pm »

I'll like to reset a neighborhood in Sims 2 Seasons and not sure where to find the one, do I use the one in G:\programfiles\EA Games\Sims 2 Seasons folder or the folder with the base game in it? Not played Seaons in a year or so.

the one I want to reset is Plesantview.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 04:17:03 pm by Theraven » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 04:12:50 pm »

Move out the files in the "The Sims 2" folder. Start the game. The files will be recreated automatically.
Go out of the game, find the hood in the new game files (the ones you moved out), and replace the old N001 'hood with the new one (or keep the old one as a backup, in case you want to extract things from it later).  

Delete the rest of the files, and move back the files you first moved out.

The neighborhood will now be reset to the default settings.

This only works with the default neighborhoods (N001-3, E001, F001, G001). If you want to reset a custom hood you must have an early backup.

Oh, and please don't double-post unless it has been at least 24 hours since your last post.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ktara

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 05:04:44 pm »

Sorry about the second post, I had thought I had added it to my first post. Thanks for your help. Found the one I needed to reset, the one I needed to reset was located on a bad sector, chkdsk moved it, but it was corrupted so I had to reset it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: