Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:16:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: Missing content from BBB's blog!  (Read 5923 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
qdjddmet

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2013, 06:41:48 am »

I have been playing The Sims 2 for quite a while now and I always remember to save my downloads when I have to format my machine. This time, however, I did not have the opportunity to do so and I lost my entire downloads folder.  Cry Cry Cry  I already managed to recover some files I had found in SS2 and Insimenator, but most of the content from BBB's blog is missing.  Would anyone in this forum be kind enough of sharing their files with me?  huh

I was looking for:
"The Sons of Hercules: Kenny - l'émerveiller du Maroc" & "The Sons of Hercules: Edouard", both from that blog. They are in the HBB section of the site.

Thank you for your help, in advance.  :c
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 11:49:24 am »

I searched "The son of Hercules: Kenny sims 2" and the first link to pop up was to Beosboxboy's blog... You just have to consent to viewing content that "might only be suitable for adults".  You do not have to be 18. Based on the content on the site, I won't link to it here, check your personal messages. If the link is not working for you, try a different browser.

Find me on moonlight <3
qdjddmet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 01:15:00 pm »

Hi Katie. Did not you read the whole post?
I tried downloading the file from that blog but it is not working!

The files are no longer uploaded there!  Sad
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 04:59:24 pm »

You actually didn't say anywhere in your post that the download isn't working, just that its not available and you lost it from your game... The files from the site are in a mediafire account, which I'm assuming is fairly old. Mediafire is deleting all kinds of stuff from their site for no reason. Perhaps you can try to contact beosboxboy and inform him, then he can request mediafire to fix his downloads.

I've checked everywhere, the graveyard, and all of the sites around and they aren't up because the site is still available. Sorry.

Find me on moonlight <3
qdjddmet

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 06:43:53 pm »

You are right.
Sorry if I sounded rude there. Tongue

How can I do it?  Contact BBB?
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 07:32:12 pm »

No its fine, you didn't seem rude.

It doesn't appear to have a contact thingy, but you can try commenting on one of his posts, maybe?

Just say that some of the downloads are missing from mediafire, perhaps say which downloads or which creator (if you know- there are several that contribute there.)

Find me on moonlight <3
qdjddmet

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 01:52:37 pm »

I have just commented on BBB's blog and all I can do now is wait for a reply.   
Hopefully the files are not lost forever and we can all still download it soon.  Lips Sealed

Thank you for your help, Katie.
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 02:29:35 pm »

Not to rain on any parades , but I doubt any response will be forthcoming. There is this ( and many similar threads on Sims 2 fansites at the time) http://www6.modthesims.info/m/printthread.php?t=401949&pp=100 , with lots of drama and uncertainty involved. Mail Order Bride hasn't been updated in three years. I did poke around at ISA and found the Kenny sim you're looking for . It's in the community downloads> Sims 2 adult sims > hunks> on page 4 , dl link works , I checked. Didn't take the time to see if the other one was there. No direct link provided as ISA is an adult site.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 04:03:25 pm »

I wasn't aware the Beosboxboy wasn't around, sorry about that... :/

Although I'm glad you have a way to download, though Smiley

Find me on moonlight <3
qdjddmet

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 02:21:48 pm »

Thank you so SO much for the help!  I was not aware of the existence of that site, at all!
Now I can recover everything I previously owned, plus a lot more!

About BBB: I knew he has not been active for a while, but I did not know he had passed away. Is that really true!?  huh  I think Male Order-Bride has comments from people giving their condolences and someone replied that BBB had not died -- just that he was not creating anymore...  I hope I am right.  Embarrassed
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 03:00:24 pm »

No, he really didn't pass away. It was simply someone's idea of a stupid joke. He has been in and out of hospital due to health issues, though, which has hindered his ability to create.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 10:18:14 am »

Joy, have you actually heard from him or one of his roommates? 

The last I'd heard was when the "alleged sister claimed he was dead" drama happened.  At that point, people said he was very ill and I half assumed that he'd managed to die without drama in the intervening years.

I've been sending good thoughts without ever finding out if they had any effect!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: