Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 02:21:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: This tutorial by gothplague  (Read 5858 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JohnyAlvez

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2013, 02:11:41 pm »

Hello!
I'm sorry if this is not the right section to post this topic.

I'm looking for a tutorial by gothplague (I guess) which explained how to replace the default feet in a certain outfit with bloom's sexy feet...
If this tutorial was deleted, can someone explain me how to do it? I remember it was a very simple process in SimPE but I can't remember how to do it.

Thanks in  advance.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 03:47:48 pm »

It's pretty much the same as a shoe swap, so perhaps this tutorial will probably be helpful:
http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=18661.0

Just remember to not move around the foot UVs, or they'll cause troubles with skintones.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
JohnyAlvez

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 03:50:57 pm »

It's pretty much the same as a shoe swap, so this tutorial will probably be helpful:
http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=18661.0

Hm... It seems much more complicated... Basically I'm trying to convert an outfit made with a mesh from HBB without a detailed feet into one with detailed feet. Does that help? :x
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:56:03 pm »

Well, the process is pretty much the same, unless you're thinking about grouping things into a new mesh and such. You probably will have to do some mesh editing, and the shoe tutorial explains anything you need to know about switching around feet and shoes. The only difference is that you use one of the sexyfeet meshes instead of a shoe mesh (preferably a naked mesh, so you don't get in trouble with different mapping). If you're using one or more custom meshes for the feet you can skip parts of the tutorial.

Have you done this before, using Gothplague's tutorial?

Gothplague has left most of the communities, including her own site, so I don't think there's a big chance for the tutorial having survived.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:02:11 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
JohnyAlvez

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 04:02:18 pm »

It wasn't done like this. I only messed around in SimPE. Nothing more. That's why I was so surprised to see such a complicated process in the tutorial you sent me.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 04:10:42 pm »

There are some suggestions for other tutorials here: http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=21752.0

I've not added a lot of these feet to meshes (Don't use them myself), but I've done some shoe replacements. Usually you'll have to do some meshing if you want to edit the feet, because otherwise you can't take away the shoes on the mesh you want to edit (unless there's some way I've not heard of).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:16:30 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

JohnyAlvez

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 04:52:39 am »

I remember it was like... change the assigned mesh of a certain texture to a different mesh and the textures and the meshes are both in .package files.
G-Knee
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 03:56:32 pm »

I remember it was like... change the assigned mesh of a certain texture to a different mesh and the textures and the meshes are both in .package files.
That's assuming the mesh already exists! If it doesn't then you'll need to follow the tutes Raven directed you to to make the change! Wink

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the Glory of God!
1 Corinthians 10:31
My Mission: to Fill the Gaps
Check out my LiveJournal!
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 10:24:00 am »

JohnyAlvez, that sounds like the procedure for a "multishoe" mesh, such as Marvine's alpha skirt, which has multiple feet and shoes included.  I doubt your HBB mesh is set up for multishoe functionality.

You might start with http://juliejsimsstuff.wordpress.com/ She does a lot of shoe swaps and I seem to remember seeing some of the body builders on her site.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Julie J

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 03:39:33 pm »

I have put sexyfeet on the SBB not done it for the HBB
May give it a try soon...

SBB wasn't an easy task

G-Knee had you already done the HBB ones?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: