Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:27:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Employees faces change to face one when assigning uniform?  (Read 6886 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:15:44 pm »

I've been googling for awhile, and I see that other simmers are having this issue. There doesn't seem to be a fix, can anyone help?

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 04:30:54 pm »

"Assigning uniform" as in using a mod that enables this option? If you use the clothing mod from MATY this seems to be the norm (if it happens only when dressing them up and they have their regular face after), but if you use a regular EAxis dresser, or their face stay as face 1 when you've dressed them up, then the problem looks worse.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 04:35:11 pm »

I've actually noticed that my sims faces randomly change to face A all of the time out of nowhere when I change clothes, hair, age, anything on both my laptop and on the computer before, but it's not something in the downloads on this one- its never happened. I wonder if it could be the same thing?

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 04:56:23 pm »

Can't say I've noticed it. But if it only happens in the clothes menu and they get their original faces back after, then it's probably not a huge problem. It's worse if they actually change faces after they've gotten new clothes.

Could also be some kind of graphic error. Are you running your game on integrated graphics or a graphic card with dedicated memory?

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 08:32:42 pm »

It's not on the menu for me, it changes the sims face for however long it feels like- sometimes until you change them again, sometimes until they go swimming, sometimes forever.

Find me on moonlight <3
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 09:01:41 pm »

This is a hot topic recently ( and going back 6+ years) http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8720.0  , this thread has some possible solutions  http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=460765&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments nothing seemed to work for everyone , but some things worked for different people. I run a ton of businesses , but never assign uniforms. I don't hire any playables at businesses , so the townies just have to wear their work stuff as everyday. Most of them just wear regular everyday stuff for casual retail businesses , but there are a few perma dressed nurses , burger flippers etc running around my hood.  Cheesy

ETA @ TheRaven assigning uniforms is an EA function available for a business owner and possibly , manager... not positive on that though. This is purely EA borkage , that (some) players with cc free games still experience.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=460765&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments above link messed up somehow , try this
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 09:11:27 pm by mookie » Logged
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 11:12:36 pm »

Mookie, I'm fairly certain that its a hack conflict that causes it, not just "EA borkage" as I don't have an issue with this in my game currently with only the insim and sim blender installed as hacks.

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 03:04:59 am »

Been ages since I had a sim run a business, so that's probably why I've not noticed it. Still, I can't remember I had the problem. Perhaps I just let them run around in their regular outfits...

Hack conflict is very likely, yes.  

Having a vanilla test hood is the best way to sort out what is hack troubles and what is EA troubles. Create a no-CC neighborhood made without any CC inside your game (no hacks/mods either - perhaps except texture defaults, as they don't make a big difference), make a few families and recreate scenarioes, and use it for testing. Then it's safe to pull out your downloads and testing only the CC you want to test, without there being any chance of corruption from other hacks/mods/items.

My site:

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 10:02:01 am »

It seems to be an EA problem, not a hack or hack conflict problem.  Patches don't fix it, Pescado's business fixes don't fix it, nothing fixes it.  In the simbology thread, we've got some ideas, but no one's had time to dig into it.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 11:22:55 am »

If there is not something out there to fix this "glitch" and not everyone experiences it, than its probably not an EAxis problem, its a hack conflict. Wink

Find me on moonlight <3
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 11:59:02 am »

1) EA programmers are the kings of non-deterministic software, meaning the game acts differently on different computers and differently on the same computers at different times.  The word "glitchy" comes to mind.
2) It can happen with no CC, including no hacks.  It ain't a hack conflict.  It's something in the way EA coded either the uniform selection dialog or the addition of the uniform with the Sim or the lot or the "arrive at work/put on uniform" module. 
3) If it's in the compiled code included in the executable, no mod can fix it.  Guess where the dialogs like the uniform selection dialog live?  Mods can only work on BHAVs and BCONs and the other components of global and semi-global routines and objects.

Bright idea: Does this happen if you play the business for multiple days without saving or returning home and the employee leaves and returns to the business? This is to eliminate any errors introduced by the physical save to disk.

Rose/Miros
Rosalie Dieteman
Software Engineer

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 04:35:16 pm »

"Assigning uniform" as in using a mod that enables this option? If you use the clothing mod from MATY this seems to be the norm (if it happens only when dressing them up and they have their regular face after), but if you use a regular EAxis dresser, or their face stay as face 1 when you've dressed them up, then the problem looks worse.
My entire hood is vanilla, and even when I had cc this still happened.

zombie
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 04:38:23 pm »

My entire hood is vanilla, and even when I had cc this still happened.
I don't have any mods.

zombie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: