Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:24:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: memories/can't get rid of fears  (Read 15238 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
broomhilda

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2013, 09:54:02 pm »

Have a question...I hooked Denise Jacquet up with Christian Love...anyway for some reason I can't marry those two off....I never had this problem before....now I noticed that in her fears it says  "Fall out of Love with Yues" I guess that was her husband that died.....will that cause these guys not to get married....I have them both family/knowledge, both are platinum, both are 59 yrs old...now I have married others at 60 so I know it isn't their age....

How do I get rid of that fear if that is why these guys can't or won't get married.....

thanks everyone that can help me out....

UPDATE: Christian Love wants to be married but can't marry Denise......am still trying to get rid of her fear of " Fall out of Love with Yues" her dead husband how can I do that....hope someone can help me out with this before they die....Denise and Christian are in love and have 2 bolts not sure why that is all my other seniors are 3 bolts.....will be playing this family until the kids are ready for college....my college that I play is full with almost 32 couples lol....as I play them I will be moving kids in at the others graduate so the next couple don't have to pay that $15,000....thanks everyone that can help me out...

UPDATE: Am very confused though....I went into Gilbert's ( son of Denise and Yues) and Denise's memories and they have no memory of Yues dieing....but he is nowhere to be found....what does this mean.....also went into family and it is showing him grey...like his mom and dad so that means that he is dead but this is driving me crazy only because I can't have Christian and Denise get married until I find out what is going on and that fear of Denise "Fall out of love with Yues" is gone....

I posted this over at livejournal as well but not sure if anyone seen it so hope it is ok that I posted it here and hope it is in the right place....

I have all the games and extras.....

UPDATE:  Well went back in Denise's memory and it is not showing she was ever married to Yues but when you go into family they are married.. anther thing that is not in her memory or even Gilbert's is the fact they never knew Yues.... I think I have become obsessed with this family trying to fix my screw up...... .if I can't get help with getting rid of that fear how do you get a divorce

thanks everyone that can help me out on this....

UPDATE:  I have given up...will just let these 2 live together...kids that Christian Love adopted will be ready for college within the next hr my time...won't play this family again until I move the boy back into the house after college to inherit then will just have 2 let Christian and Denise die of old age without getting married but since she has been with him though all this will still put her in the Love grave yard  Sad  Headwall
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:27:12 pm by broomhilda » Logged
marka

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 08:31:17 pm »

The only time I have seen that happen is in a un-patch game.

Have you patched all your EP's and the one SP if you have them.
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 10:42:25 pm »

yes, every time I have done a factory restore and then put each of the EP's and SP's back in it will say something about being patched....it had been a few months since I had to do the factory restore so can't remember what it says as I am downloading the games....I have all EP's and SP's ....

it has been a few yrs but when I first started playing this game it was with my brothers gfs games and I can't remember which sims it was but it did this as well but at that time I had no idea about patches and sites you can go to to get help and all that....not sure she did either...she has been playing this Sims games since Sims1 came out and still has all of those disks...she just ignored all of the flaws...but it is driving me nuts lol....oh well have the adopted kids ready to go into college but it is going to be a long time before I play this family again...I just counted everyone that I have in college and have more than I thought 36 couples lol...guess I should go in and play some of them

thanks marka for answering....

as for the patches should I be patching even if the game says I am updated or patched or something like that when I download the games ...
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 07:56:04 am »

The only reasons I can think of where two Sims can't get married/joined when they are adult age or older are (1) if they are related, (2) if either one of them is engaged to someone else and (3) if either one of them is still married/joined.

You've probably done this, but verify that they aren't related and that neither has a previous engagement still pending.

In this case it sounds from your description that the game did not dissolve Denise's marriage to Yues upon his death. You might try using SimPE to edit Denise's character file to mark her as not being married/joined. (Always back up your game before using SimPE to edit it though.) If that works, then she and Christian should be able to marry.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 12:18:57 pm »

No Denise and Christian are not related, in Denise's family tree it is showing that Yves were married but he is dead...but Denise does not have any memory before I started playing her....I went into a couple of the other towns like Beledonna Cove and then into Bluewater Village and same thing no memory at all what so ever in her memory not even having Gilbert who is hers and Yves son....but in her fears it is showing "Yves cheating on her" I bet it was the same before I started playing Riverblossom Hills...it is showing now in her memories that she has 2 loves...and she cheated with Christian...

Christian Love was one of those walk by townies you see all the time...I just made him playable...never thought in a million years to look into her memories...if I had I would have seen him dead in the family tree and would have assumed that setting these 2 up would have been fine....

I am not worried about it anymore....even though I will be obsessing with these 2 until long after they are dead lol....I have the 2 kids that Christian adopted ready for college so when one of my houses come open I will be putting them in there....then I will play the boy and after he graduates he will move back in with them to inherit and then will just let Christian and Denise live out there lives...usually that is until the boy's kids become school age then they die...

I am very computer stupid you have no idea how stupid I am when it comes to a computer....the SimPE is off limits to me...if I can't do a zip or rar download right then that SimPE and some of these other things are just off limits...it has been a few months since I have had to do a factory restore because of the downloads with rar and zip and I have worked my butt off with Riverblossom Hills and Bluewater Village and have played almost everyone in both towns that I cannot jeopardize what I have accomplished...If I did something stupid and had to do another factory restore I think I would throw this computer in the trash...and since that ain't ever happening hehe I will except what cannot be done...like having cool custom content and working with SimPE and other things like it...

marka said something about patching...the last time I downloaded the games they all said the game was updated so does that mean the patching is updated as well...should I do the patching again...although I am afraid of downloading anything...I should just except some glitches....

thanks HobbesED for your help
thanks marka for your help

QUESTION: Can I ask a favor from anyone please....Can someone when you have time check your Bluewater Village and see what is in Denise Jacquet's  memories and family tree....and also what her fears are...am curious to see what everyone else has... thanks
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:52:56 pm by broomhilda » Logged
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 12:48:53 pm »

If you've applied the corresponding Maxis patch following your latest EP install, then you shouldn't need to do any further patching. It isn't like there have been any new patches for Sims2 in the last several years.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 12:53:30 pm »

cool thanks HobbesED for your help...

QUESTION: Can I ask a favor from anyone please....Can someone when you have time check your Bluewater Village and see what is in Denise Jacquet's  memories and family tree....and also what her fears are...am curious to see what everyone else has... thanks
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:53:51 pm by broomhilda » Logged
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 07:52:07 am »

There's two parts to relationships.  There's the neighborhood relationship table and then the relationship flags and values that are part of the Sim.  Since the premade Sims were at least partially hand built, the two parts may not be perfectly in sync.  Just another stupid but true Maxis thing.  If you played the game at all, even just opening and closing, between installing OFB and applying the patch, it's quite likely that the data files for the Sims did not get updated.  Anyhow, this explains why you're seeing Denise and her dead husband as both married and unmarried.  You need to track down both parts of the relationship with SimPE and "unmarry" them. 

BTW, you can rename your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder to something else, like The Sims 2 good, let the game regenerate the folder and look at Denise's original data.  When you're finished, delete the new folder and change the name of the original folder back.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 07:59:44 am »

marka said something about patching...the last time I downloaded the games they all said the game was updated so does that mean the patching is updated as well...should I do the patching again...although I am afraid of downloading anything...I should just except some glitches....

It's worth noting when the game says it's updated it doesn't mean it's patched, or it has automatically applied the patch. You still need to apply them to your game and each EP. You can find the patches here.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 08:42:08 am »

thanks miros1 for the info...am afraid to do anything to the game....have done sooooo many factory restores on here and have started over sooooo many times that I am afraid to do anything....worked to hard this time around to get where I am at....I know the folder thing is easy and your instructions are simple but for me it is like doing a search or a download have no idea how to do either right sucks being old and computer stupid at the same time lol....I know I will mess it up...Christian and Denise have been together for a while now and as soon as I send the kids off to college play the boy and move him back in have kids and when those kids are school age I usually let the grandparents die of old age....I know from now on I will have to look into the family tree and memories before I play another sim that is for sure only have very few sims/families that I haven't played yet in both Riverblossom and Bluewater Village this is the furthest I have ever gotten....have 36 couples in college and have several ready to go to college as soon as I get a few houses in the college ready to graduate I move sims into a house before I take the graduated ones out so the next ones don't have to pay that high price...average for a house is $15-16,000 to move in...

thanks miros1 for your help

caffeinated.joy I have tried doing the patches in the past but got confused because some of them look like the same thing so wasn't sure which ones to download....now I have most of the disks but have several that are just downloads when I talked to Origin they didn't have the disks anymore so had to get just the downloads...does that make a difference will go in and look at that link and see and if I have questions will come back and ask...sorry I am being a pain and I know a lot of the instructions are simple but for me...I don't know...I have only been using a computer since 2004 got my first cell phone about that time to don't even know how to use most of what is on there...

thanks caffeinated.joy for your help
marka

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 06:58:24 pm »

There are only 2 download EP's that need to be patched, Pets and Seasons other wise any other ones that you downloaded are patch already.

You should also patch any EP's that you have on disk and the one SP Family Fun Stuff if it is on disk to.
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 07:18:11 pm »

ok thank you marka for your help...will do it as soon as I can figure it out....

This is what I have....downloads only:
 *Best of Business Collection (3 in 1)
 *Fun with Pets Collection,  (3 in 1)this one I have the disk but it cracked so I talked to Origin and they gave me the download but this is the confusing part I had the code for the download but it wouldn't take that it took the disk code....so when I download this one I have to find the book and use that code... (3 in 1)
 *Glamour Life Stuff
 *Holiday Edition

Disks:
 *Double Deluxe (3 in 1)
 *University Life Collection
 *Seasons
 *Bon Voyage Expansion Pack
 *Freetime Expansion Pack
 *Apartment Life Expansion Pack

was wondering which ones that I have that need the patches...don't want to mess anything up and patch the wrong ones... huh

thanks marka for your help
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:55:09 pm by broomhilda » Logged
marka

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 08:54:10 am »

These 4 are the only ones you need to patch.
*Seasons
 *Bon Voyage Expansion Pack
 *Freetime Expansion Pack
 *Apartment Life Expansion Pack

All 4 tri packs are patched already.
DD, BOB, ULC, and FWP.
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 11:32:30 am »

thank you sooooo much marka for all your help...

EDITED: have a question went to the patch site that affeinated.joy gave me and not sure what I have...my disks are they cd's or dvd's the seasons has both downloads but it looks like the others are under the cd's so I guess that I would download the cd patch for seasons right?Huh??

thanks for your help in advance...

UPDATE: ok I downloaded all the patches that needed to be patched....went into Origin it updated, restarted my computer went into my game and looked at Denise's and Gilbert's memories and nothing has changed still showing the fear "Fall out of Love with Yves" and no memory of ever being with or ever knowing Yves or married to him or having a child (Gilbert)....still hoping someone will go into Bluewater Village and check Denise's and Gilbert's memory and fears...if I don't hear from anyone about that in the next 24 hr I will let this go and won't add anymore posts about this...will be closed...I may just let it go anyway just sent kids to college the boy that Christian Love adopted will be the next college student I play....

thanks everyone for all your help
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:04:36 pm by broomhilda » Logged
marka

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 07:09:16 am »

Well you game is already set up that way and wont change because of the patch.

If you want it to change then you will need to start over with that hood and reattach a new BW.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: