Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 09:26:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 2541 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SolidSnakePlissken

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2013, 11:08:45 pm »

Hey guys Rock

I been creeping this site since the day's of the Warlock and was wondering if there is much of a community here anymore. I would have joined sooner, but I was a young blood, and I was to shy.

I posted a request awhile ago, only got a response from a moderator complaining about hotlinks or something, idk I wasn't really listing to her, I just did as I was told.

That being said. I don't sweat the small stuff, but I have noticed that if someone posts something requesting something on par with twilight, GLEE, Jersey Shore, ECT. other people will respond, but I make a request for the greatest B movie action star(maybe tied or just under Ash from Evil dead, it is debatable) in history and I get nothing. So I guess I have two questions.

Is there really a community here anymore, and if so

Why is it that I am finding these GLEE, Twilight, Jersey Shore fan boi's on mod communities now? I mean I know there is bound to be some, but I figured the type of people that are into this stuff would be people who like cult movie classics like Big Trouble Little China, Evil Dead, ect. Or fans of Star Wars/Treck, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, ect.?

I mean if the trend continues the Internets will evolve to the point where there are no more nerds, geeks, or Warlocks and all that will be left are the mainstream tards(no offence) and there little to no imagination left in creation and or simulation.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 06:16:45 am »

The thing is that not everyone have the same taste in things. This is a sim forum after all, and not a movie discussion forum. While you might think it's the greatest movie ever, others might not. A lot of teenagers hangs out on the forums (13+), as well as older people (30+++) and they're bound to have different tastes and opinions. The more people (particluarly creators) who are interested in it, the more likely it is that they get a response.

As for hotlinks, I'm guessing they linked you on to one of the "how not to hotlink" topics, so I won't bother with that.

Several sites, including Insim, have had their problems more or less recently. Insim came close to dying out, and probably would have, if it wasn't for the "mainstream tards", using your words. We've lost several members, unfortunately. Some might have moved on to other sites, othes might have lost interest in simming. That's just the way it is.

I'm guessing that your request would probably have more luck at GoS, but they've recently been out of business for quite a while, after having been millimeters from closing for good (an outside problem, the site is/was quite popular before the problems started). It's a more alternative site, with perhaps fewer mainstreamers. Maybe someone is interested in your request there. Might be worth a shot. The site is stll a bit unstable, though. http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php

The thing is, a site is what the members make of it. Moderators can set a course, but it's ultimately the members who makes the decisions on what content you'll find, which in turn draws more members of the same type.

Also, people do requests in their spare time, and use whichever skills they have. Not everyone feels like taking up requests they're not really interested in having in their own games. Just be glad if someone does. I've posted many requests over the years, but only a few were answered and fullfilled. For the rest, I eventually had to figure out how to do it myself, if they were important enough to me.

And as for making sims, depending on how thorough you want them, it is fully possible to learn to make them properly. You don't even need other tools than the ones that already came with the game, unless you plan on making CC for them. You have no idea how free you'll start to feel when you're able to make at least some CC on your own. In the end it's time-saving, because you don't have to wait for it to be made, and it is fun (even addicting). You can't find creativity without people wanting to create.

And it is possible to be nerdy, geeky and a little mainstream at the same time. It's not that easy to follow today's community by digging yourself down into the past. I'm pretty sure that most of the things you consider not mainstream now were mainstream once upon a time. A little newsflash to you: Times change.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:31:29 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: