Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 01:07:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Converting mesh from another game?  (Read 4087 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
zammy

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2013, 07:21:42 pm »

I've tried searching for a tutorial but I'm either completely blind or something. I made a WCIF a week or two ago about some Skyrim clothes and since no one else has seen them, I kind of want to just convert them myself. Is there a tutorial for this somewhere? One for dummies would be great Tongue I'm kinda brand new at all this, but heck, why not jump right in, eh? Thank you.

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 01:31:18 pm »

You have to figure out how to extract the mesh in obj format from the game. From there you can follow a clothing tutorial. Sometimes you have to do changes, like size or shape, and you probably have to do joint assignments from scratch (it's not the easiest thing, though, and very hard for beginners - joint assignments are pretty hard to get right if you have to do everything from scratch - I tried it before I found out a much simpler way, and I had troubles even though I've done joint assignments from scratch for movie making).

The easiest would be to start with some simple changes and such to ingame meshes, so you get the hang of the SimPE and meshing stuff. After that, you could try with some cut & paste or age conversions.

There is a nice shoe swap tutorial over at GoS that explains all the SimPE stuff, along with cut & paste. Can't get on there right now, though.

As for joint assignments you have to look at a similar mesh and assign each vertex on your mesh to the approximate joints one on the other mesh, and use the skeleton to test the movements.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:08:29 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
zammy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 04:25:55 pm »

Oh Sims, you are so difficult! Thanks Raven, maybe I'll try to start small.... after school is done for the semester Tongue

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: