Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 06:00:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Police Cars  (Read 6034 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2013, 08:14:05 pm »

This is not a problem or an issue, but....every time I go into my neighbourhood to build, just before I click on the lot I want to enter, I see a police car go down the street. It's not a one time occurrence, it happens every single time. I'm starting to think this is a crime ridden neighbourhood. In my other neighbourhood before I click on the lot I want to play, I see the flying pig every time. Either my game is funny or somebody up there has a weird sense of humour. I'm kinda wondering when I get around to my Medieval neighbourhood if I'm gonna see the spaceship. That would just make my day! NOT! I don't want alien medieval babies.
I stopped playing for a few years and have just now got back into it. When I get enough houses built and families moved in I'm thinking there's gonna be a lot of burglaries. The funny thing is, now I am always checking the alarm system in my house, just in case my Simmies are trying to send me a message.  Laugh

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 08:31:03 pm »

Might just be a coincidence.

There are probably some car triggers of some sort (may be a 'hood deco or something?) and maybe there's one placed close to every house. Well, I don't know. Sounds like the most sensible explanation to me. Cars appear in neighborhood view if you have Nightlife (garbage trucks, grey armored vans, police cars, and certain regular cars).

The flying pig is a hidden neighborhood deco, triggered by the water tower deco.

There are not going to be randomly placed spaceships in custom hoods. It's a hood deco, too, and not a random one. Even the smoke from the one in Strangetown is a separate effect (I've toyed with them, and after a lot of frustration I finally figured out what made the spaceship look like it had been on fire).

I've not had a lot of burglars in my game. Dina and Nina always gets a visit sometime during the first sim week, but rarely otherwise. Maybe once or twice, unprovoked. If you don't want them (or if you do want them), there are mods to either remove them or make them more frequent.  

Medieval hoods won't have alien visits as long as you keep your sims far away from telescopes. Someone made a "kidnapped by fairies" mod or some such, where the spaceship is replaced by a glowing sphere. Might be something for a medieval hood. It's also fully possible to default the skin, alien face and eyes so the alien babies look like fairies or elves or some such, to make them look less alien-like and more time appropriate.

There's also a falling piano and falling anvil mod to replace the meteorite. You know, just for fun...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:37:49 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 01:04:00 am »

Oh dear God, I'm too old to laugh this hard.... Cheesy

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 02:16:47 pm »

Yep, it's all true.  Between Plumb Bob Keep and Hat Plays Sims, you can probably default everything in the game to fit your medieval theme, including the stuff Sims pull out of their butts, err, back pockets. 

If you choose to go that route, you'll probably want separate Download folders, if not completely separate My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folders.  I'm hosting Ancient Highway's Theme Handler at my site, which helps automate folder switching.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 12:51:33 pm »

I would absolutely love to have the falling anvil mod, call me a fan of the Warner Brothers and their sister, Dot. Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: